Screamin Eagle Tuner?

Jan 29, 2012
everett. WA, US
I am about to do the air cleaner/exhaust/engine tuner upgrade on my 12 Trike. I am currently held for the Vance and Hines made-for-trike slip-on mufflers which are apparently backordered until sometime in July.

My HD Dealer (Sound Harley) does not have a trike dyno and are recommending the Screamin Eagle tuner. I am gathering from what I have read on this site that the TTS tuner is the way to go.....?

Opinions of the SE Tuner?
Can the dealer adjust a TTS tuner to get it close enough to drive without a using a dyno?
Can I then dial in TTS using a laptop?

Also any opinion on the V&H slip ons is appreciated. Thanks

My shop does not have a trike dyno either, and I have a SE tuner coupled with a Ness Big Sucker. Tech used a map from a dyno'ed two wheeled bike to dial mine in, and it performs and runs great. Zero complaints from me. I also have V&H Black Widow slip ons. My Bud who just installed new Rhineharts on his Streetglide last week still likes the sound of mine better than his. Way deeper, louder rumble and zero backfire. Wishes he woulda done V&H now.

I am about to do the air cleaner/exhaust/engine tuner upgrade on my 12 Trike. I am currently held for the Vance and Hines made-for-trike slip-on mufflers which are apparently backordered until sometime in July.

My HD Dealer (Sound Harley) does not have a trike dyno and are recommending the Screamin Eagle tuner. I am gathering from what I have read on this site that the TTS tuner is the way to go.....?

Opinions of the SE Tuner?
Can the dealer adjust a TTS tuner to get it close enough to drive without a using a dyno?
Can I then dial in TTS using a laptop?

Also any opinion on the V&H slip ons is appreciated. Thanks

Consider a set of nightrider.com 's FL-XIED-10s or their FL-VIED-10s and be done with it for about a hundred bucks. It's your money but you owe it to yourself to read up on this first if all you're going to do is exhaust and A/C.

Yep nightrider XIED works fine for a cheap fix..
It has cut down on the heat issues as it got close to 100 deg and I was comfortable..But nothing beats a good tuning for the motor..

Consider a set of nightrider.com 's FL-XIED-10s or their FL-VIED-10s and be done with it for about a hundred bucks. It's your money but you owe it to yourself to read up on this first if all you're going to do is exhaust and A/C.

I should also mention what a great guy Steve, the owner is. His willingness to help is unparalleled in the industry in my personal experience. The only issue is that he is such a brilliant engineer that occasionally you have to ask for a layman's translation. :laugh:

Rather than go thru all the hassle of doing a run then going home and adjusting the map, then going out for another run......Doesn't Harley offer a larger size injector? Kinda quick and dirty, but shouldn't that work?

Phu Cat

We just recently had the Vance & Hines Power Duals and the Vance & Hines Trike Deluxe Slip On Mufflers installed, along withe the Screamin Eagle Ventilator Air Cleaner. Our local dealer then "re-maped" it with the "Digital Technician" to accomadate the new exhaust and air cleaner. Before they did the remap with the Digital Tech, they asked me if I intend on doing anything else as far as motor work, in other words, they are asking if this was a one time up-date/remap, if so then the Digital Tech download would be $150.00....The new exhaust and air cleaner was a significant improvement!! Running much cooler and a very noticable increase in horse power as well!! Well worth the money!! Also, Dennis's lift brackets and tour pak relocator made a HUGE difference in the handling and more room for my wife too!!! Another "must" that I reccommend!!!!ThumbUp

I just took posession of my new Triglide last week and went the same direction as wimoonshine with the exception of the tiner, I did get the super tuner. So far so good but I have no real knowledge of good or bad . This is our first bike ever so it could be doing bad and I would not know it, like it so far though.

Agree! I have the FL-xied-10, Arlen Ness Big Sucker air filter, Jackpot, dyno tuned slipons and still have the cat. Don't need anything else! Second trike, the same thing as the first. As a matter of fact, all the above mentioned came of the SG trike. We like to recycle! LOL

Rather than go thru all the hassle of doing a run then going home and adjusting the map, then going out for another run......Doesn't Harley offer a larger size injector? Kinda quick and dirty, but shouldn't that work?

Phu Cat

Just dumping in a larger injector and not tuning for it would be a bad idea. If I was to take a 5.3gps injector and install it with the ecm expecting a 4.9gps injector it would be big time rich pretty much across the board. I'm talking so rich you could smell the un burnt fuel in your oil rich.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rramo
Back