Handle Bars

Have the HD 2"pullback handle bars installed. Makes a big difference. No hurting shoulders anymore. Plus it gives you more leverage going into corners. You won't regret it.

i installed the paul yippes 10" "BAGGER" bars. on my '09 tri-glide. only needed the 10" TBW extension, 4"over clutch cable, and the handlebars.ALL THE ELEC WIRES ARE LONG ENOUGH (STOCK) did the modification mtself. and am really comfortable with the results. you can search this site. some guys have posted a-lot of pictures of the in-progress . i can sit back on the back seat-rest and comfortably reach the handlebars.
also go to HDTALKING.COM and search "handle bar help" by dbmg he shows you how to remove the ign. switch. & make a special tool. here's my write-up
i'm installing the same on my '09 t/g. when pulling the wireing thru the bars. you have to use a screwdrver to push down on the FBY connector to get it to go by the corner pinch in the bars. you also will need a 12" drag FBW extension. (dealer had this on the wall. either the 12 or 15" will work fine.
OEM wireing is long enough. but will need longer clutch cable. i've got a 4" over on order w/dealer & will be in fri. so we'll see.
you will also need a 1/4" metric allen wrench cut off about 2" & glued in a
1/4"drive socket. for riser bolts R&R.
also a 3/16 cut off about 1 " glued in a socket also a 3/16 long Ball socket allen wrench (radio R&R)
on radio lt side i had to use(short) water pump pliers to get the bolts out.
so after the radio was out i drilled about a 7/16 hole forward of the existing oblonged hole in order to get a 1'4" extension thru to tighten up the front bolts.(useing the glued 3/16 a/w in a 1/4drive socket)otherwise the holes just don't line up .
also 3/16 allen wrench with short end cut off about 3/16 cut off and by the
time you true it up. (for tranny) lower bolts.
when you take out the radio you will see that there is a plastic lip under the front edge of the radio that covers up the front riser bolts.(which would require you to remove the ign switch & pull that section forward a bit.
got guts?? if you grill 2 holes about 1/2" above the riser bolts then you can
remove the riser mount bolts3/4" 6pt shallow socket needed. then the handle bars & risers will come out as a unit. the right riser bolt is accessed by turning the handle bars far right. and got in thru the frontof the fairing.
looks like my expenses are bars,transmission gasket & o-ring. 4"over clutch cable. FBW 12" extension. less than $50.00
also while you have the ft. fairing off grease the neck bearings. mine took a-lot of grease ( then kleenex cleanup after the pressure equalized.)
i also parked my trike under a ceiling tress so i could tie a string over it & used it to hold the inner fairing up as i worked.
also get a tube of diaelectric grease & unplug all connectors & give them a dab og grease. also do the fuse box area. just a update.

rwhgme, I think I talked to you last year sometime about having my 1965 chevelle stolen from Indian Springs Mall back in 71 or 72 when I was stationed at Richie Goober AF base. You probably don't remember. If you are going to the Rally I might see you there. I'm suppose to ride down with Dennis of T-Glide Stuff. Jim Colson

Just found out that the dealer doesn't have the bars or cables needed(wanted) and can't get them in until late next week. I don't want to wait that long or have just a very short time to get used to them before the Rally, so the change will have to wait!:(

rwhgme, sorry you can't get the bars in time. I'm pretty sure I'm going with Dennis. Look me up down there. I'll be with Dennis. Look me up & I'll let you take my bike for a ride to see how the bars feel before you spend the money. Jim

I run Krome Werks +2 Sweepers, nice bar, you should check them out, they are under $100.00. You can see them in my pictures. They come in chrome, I had mine powder coated black. They make them for the Ultra/TriGlide.

Scott, I'm going for sure to the rally. You don't have to get used to the bars. You will love them. If you could get them in time before the rally, do it. The only thing I suggest is to be there to adjust the bars where they feel comfortable to you. Once they tighten them,it's a pain to take everything off to readjust them. See you there. Jim

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png