Hello Fron the Houston, TX Area

Jun 1, 2012
Kingwood, Texas
Just found you folks today. I think I will get some good info here. I'll be on a 2012 Electra-Glide with a CSC Daytona in about 3 weeks. And yes, there's a tale there. I lost my wife in Dec after 53 wonderful years. She never wanted me on a bike, even when I had one 40 years ago. In March I gave myself the Electra-Glide for my 74th birthday. Hadn't had it a month and dumped it. Got 7 cracked ribs. What fun for 6 or 7 weeks. My 53 yr old Harley riding son (he has a 2005 Dyna and 2010 Street Glide with 100s of thousands of miles in his life time) told me I either get it converted or he would sell it. A friend of his had recently gotten a CSC on his Glide so we checked it out. Kit will be at the conversion shop next week and the HD dealer will have the dented and dinged replaced on the 9th. I'm really looking forward to it.

Hey there olguy, welcome to the TrikeTalk family! You have a very wise son who obviously loves his dad very much. I think you will find riding the trike to be much to your liking! Keep us posted :D

Welcome olguy! Glad you joined us.Find a large empty parking lot and do some figure 8's on it and that will help you get use to the stering.Take it easy for the first hundred or so miles and then let the fun begin.RIDE SAFE

From another Houston area rider, Welcome Aboard! I have been on a trike since September and my wife and I love it. I had two wheeled it for 46 years before I got my 2012 Tri Glide. I think you'll be very happy with the extra wheel. :Trike1:

Thanks everyone. Jax, I made many a trip to your neck of the woods in the 60s and 70s. My in-laws moved to Kingsland in '61. I'm looking forward to some hill country miles on my trike. Which I just found out the kit is in the shop. Should have it by the 18th or so. That gives me a week before the surgeon grounds me for a month.

Dragonrider I'm in Kingwood which was annexed by Houston about 15 years ago. That's in the far northeast corner of Houston and Harris County. Come on down.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png