towing t/g on a car dolly backwards

May 8, 2011
peru,in,usa
wow!! just thought of this. just lock the forks ,tie it down &go.
hope i don't ever have to try this. i'm waiting for the screams to appear.STOP

Two things come to mind doing this. 1 is that the windshield will have air pushing on it from the drivers side and may break it depending on how tall it is.
2 is that most bikes I've seen had the front wheel lockable from the side with the wheel canted on an angle. Some only one side others like my Yammaha either side.
If the front can be locked straight and you have a short windshield this may be doable.
Larry

Aside from the windshield thing, sounds like a good idea. At least for a short distance. Those damn front tires are expensive. I would hate to replace them not having actually ridden.

i was thinking you would have to put a bolt clear thru the chasisto keep it from piviting. winsshield is 3 bolts,
BUTcan't lock the front wheel in the straight position. SO MUCH FOR THINKING!! I WAS ONLY THINKING OF GOEING 45 MPH.SO LOOKS LIKE I'LL TURN THE TRIKE AROUND
THE CAR DOLLY IS 5" TOO WIDE. FOR THE REAR WHEELS

Take the w/s off, end of that problem. As far as fixing the handle bars, here's an idea: Center the steering. Wrap a tie down around the left grip and run it back to the right hand hold next to passenger seat. Then do the same thing to the right grip running the tie down thru the left hand hold. You might want to put an old piece of heavy blanket or something between the seat and the tie downs.

Phu Cat

for you guys in indiana, the DMV has sent letters to businesses that have a trailer saying they now have to have liability insurance on them, we already ahavea wheel tax. so many businesses are selling their trailers. so i bought a enclosed trailer from clowntown cycles in peru,in. don't know how businesses will survive w/o a trailer.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Driller79
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png