Senior discount for an "Iron Butt"?

CSM

Jan 12, 2012
DFW Texas
Of course I am joking but none the less.

My wife got back in last night from a trip to North Dakota to visit her family, her oldest sister is a breast cancer survivor and had a really nice celebration, it was also her Moms 85th birthday.....so we went up to partake in the festivities. I got to say, the weather was "less than stellar" the whole visit, rain and cold! Being from Texas I don't really do temps in the 40's in May real well.

On the way back we rode in to O'neill, Nebraska from Bismarck, North Dakota for the night, only 800 miles to go. We got up yesterday morning and headed in....we "HAD" intentions of stopping for the night last night, but thought what the heck and came on in. The weather was perfect and we were ready to get home.....14 hrs and 800 miles later, we got in just fine. I don' think we would have attempted that ride on two wheels, three SURE makes a difference SO....if I could get a 20% seniors discount, we could have an iron butt!!again just joking..

It was a great trip and we had a great time, it is always good to see family and celebrate good things!

Of course I am joking but none the less.

My wife got back in last night from a trip to North Dakota to visit her family, her oldest sister is a breast cancer survivor and had a really nice celebration, it was also her Moms 85th birthday.....so we went up to partake in the festivities. I got to say, the weather was "less than stellar" the whole visit, rain and cold! Being from Texas I don't really do temps in the 40's in May real well.

On the way back we rode in to O'neill, Nebraska from Bismarck, North Dakota for the night, only 800 miles to go. We got up yesterday morning and headed in....we "HAD" intentions of stopping for the night last night, but thought what the heck and came on in. The weather was perfect and we were ready to get home.....14 hrs and 800 miles later, we got in just fine. I don' think we would have attempted that ride on two wheels, three SURE makes a difference SO....if I could get a 20% seniors discount, we could have an iron butt!!again just joking..

It was a great trip and we had a great time, it is always good to see family and celebrate good things!

My hat's off to you CSM. 800 miles in one day is something I would not look forward to doing at my age.

Congradulation's on your wife's sister beating cancer. Way too many lose that battle.

Are ALL CSMs like that? LOL!!

Glad you were able to have a great time with the family!! We'll be celebrating my brother's 80th while we're 'back East' for the Rally in a couple of weeks! (Tennessee will always be 'home' for me!)

Two summers ago, we were on a coast-to-coast trip on the trike. Got up a few miles above Durango, CO, and decided we wanted to sleep in our own bed that night. Rode 980 miles in 20 hours - weather wasn't too bad (a few showers, a few hours of 100+ temps), but we pulled into our driveway at 5:30AM the next morning. Doggie was under the tree out front, waitin' for us (as if he somehow knew we'd be there). Nana asked why we didn't go the full 1000 miles - - told her we didn't need to; we were home!!

P.S. I was 63 and John was 69 at the time - greybeards indeed!!

We're gonna do it again, too, Lord willin'!!

P.P.S. That was the most wonderful trip we've ever had - saw places and traveled roads we'd NEVER be able to see or do on two (or even four) wheels - there are a few pictures on my profile, but so many great memories for us!!

P.P.P.S. Guess ALL CSMs really ARE like that!! Happy weekend from this one's wife!! Can't wait for us to get together and swap stories!

Were you wearing night vision glasses?? Just kidding.

glad you were able to have a great time with the family!! We'll be celebrating my brother's 80th while we're 'back East' for the Rally in a couple of weeks! (Tennessee will always be 'home' for me!)

Two summers ago, we were on a coast-to-coast trip on the trike. Got up a few miles above Durango, CO, and decided we wanted to sleep in our own bed that night. Rode 980 miles in 20 hours - weather wasn't too bad (a few showers, a few hours of 100+ temps), but we pulled into our driveway at 5:30AM the next morning. Doggie was under the tree out front, waitin' for us (as if he somehow knew we'd be there). Nana asked why we didn't go the full 1000 miles - - told her we didn't need to; we were home!!

P.S.

I was 63 and John was 69 at the time - greybeards indeed!! We're gonna do it again, too, Lord willin'!!

P.P.S. That was the most wonderful trip we've ever had - saw places and traveled roads we'd NEVER be able to see or do on two (or even four) wheels - there are a few pictures on my profile, but so many great memories for us!!

Glad you were able to have a great time with the family!! We'll be celebrating my brother's 80th while we're 'back East' for the Rally in a couple of weeks! (Tennessee will always be 'home' for me!)

P.S. I was 63 and John was 69 at the time - greybeards indeed!!

We're gonna do it again, too, Lord willin'!!

P.P.P.S. Guess ALL CSMs really ARE like that!! Happy weekend from this one's wife!! Can't wait for us to get together and swap stories!

Nope, not all of us are like that.....only 99.999999999999%, so there are a few that aren't

Just finished mowing the lawn (I heard Toucans and Macaws in the yard last night the grass was so tall)

of course went up and washed all our bug collection off the trike!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
52johnson
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png