08 Lehman Monarch II - access to trunk lights connector

May 7, 2011
Johnstown, CO, USA
I want to add additional lights (using plug-n-play connections) to top trunk (replacing trunk moldings) but it looks like the connection is buried behind the trike kit. It is the connector that would have been between the saddlebags, behind a panel on the rear fender. Anyone suggestions on gaining access to this connector? I suspect that when the bike was kitted, the wire harnesses stayed where they were originally and will require 'surgery to get to them. Any guidance, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I want to add additional lights (using plug-n-play connections) to top trunk (replacing trunk moldings) but it looks like the connection is buried behind the trike kit. It is the connector that would have been between the saddlebags, behind a panel on the rear fender. Anyone suggestions on gaining access to this connector? I suspect that when the bike was kitted, the wire harnesses stayed where they were originally and will require 'surgery to get to them. Any guidance, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I just added trunk trim/lights to a friend's trike. Pull the seat off and you can get to the wires easy.

Well, I removed the seat and low and behold the dang installer left the connection tie-wrapped in the original location, just out of reach.... irritating.... next step is to remove the top trunk (or loosen enough to reach in and clip the tie-wrap) and pull the connection and anything else left in the inaccessible location up under the seat. Thanks for the replies. This is now a winter project -- have a big ride planned and don't want to risk something going awry just now....

I'll take a look.... its 100+ and my garage faces west.... I've resigned myself to not start anything else until the big adventure is complete.....thanks for the suggestions....

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png