Distortion with Zumo 550 GPS and Satellite Radio

I have the Zumo 550 and Garmin satellite radio antenna installed on my 2010 Triglide. The audio for the Zumo and satellite radio has become distorted when using it through the HD radio. When I disconnect the Zumo and XM satellite radio, the trike radio has no distortion. Checked all cables and connections for corrosion or moisture. None was found. Anyone have an idea what could be the cause of the problem? Sent Garmin the same note that I posted here, because it seems like a GPS problem!!!! Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ed
2010 HD Triglide

I have the Zumo 550 and XM and have had no problems with mine. I'm wondering if you could be over driving the audio from the GPS to the aux port of the radio. Have you tried turning down the audio at the GPS to see what that does?

I've had this happen twice one after I washed the bike and another while traveling. Remove the cables on the cradle and clean with contact cleaner or alcohol. Also clean bottom of GPS where it makes connections. Clean the aux input jack connection, had this one get wet, h.igh pitch buzz

Hello and thanks for all the replies! I checked the mount, cables, and cleaned all contacts without any success! I tried the Zumo 550 GPS on another bike and it still was distorted. Contacted Garmin and was advised to return it for a replacement. Will let you know if the replacement solves the problem!

Regards,

Ed

Received a reworked Garmin Zumo 550 from the factory and installed it in the cradle and it is working fine! No audio distortion on the Zumo or the satellite radio!!!! I guess the old Zumo must have had a software glitch or corrrupt file!

Regards,

Ed

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trinalee
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png