What is the best windshield cleaner I can carry in my saddlebag

Re: What is the best windsheild cleaner I can carried in my saddlebag

Clean water and 100% cotton or microfiber towels are the best and safest way to clean a windscreen regardless of the material. Allow the water to sit for a minute, then wipe with damp cloth. Follow up with a dry cloth.

Some of us are always on the hunt for a better detail product, easier to use, etc, this product looks pretty good.

I always carry a slightly wet microfiber towel in a ziplock bag. It cuts right thru bugs, dirt etc and won't scratch the windshield. ThumbUp And Plexus is purdy good too :)

Tony T of I V E

Both bleach and fabric softener eliminate the static charge that makes microfiber cleaning products work so well, so if you wash them with bleach and fabric softener their special properties will be ruined.

We always have a soft, microfiber or flannel cloth with us and a can of spray Plexus. It is great for any part of the bike or trike, including the windshield!

Plexus is a great product. I use to shoot competitive trap and was having problems with my shooting glasses fogging up when it rained. A retired fighter jet pilot saw the trouble I was having a offered me some of his Plexus, said the Air Force used it on jet windshields. I have never been without it since then and use it on bike windshields, ski goggles, sun glasses and it will take very small scratches out of plastic. Now mind you I said very small..

I'm currently using something called "Wham Bam" which I got through a friend. I don't know much about it except it works great. I think it's used by "detailers" and you can possibly get it on-line, you'll have to do a search.

Disclaimer: No I don't sell the stuff and have I no financial interest in it. (how did I do Zook?)

Been using Honda Polish for years for cleaning / polishing the bike, windshield etc... and have been very happy with the results. However when we are out on the road I keep a small spray bottle with a 50/50 mix of water and hydrogen peroxide along with a couple of microfiber towels. Works great for keeping the windshield, face shields etc bug free without scratching and the price is hard to beat! :qpnmt:

I use Novus 1 and love it with a microfiber towel. It beads up water and rolls right off the windshield. It is specifically made for Lexan windshields. $4.95 at my Harley dealer for I think 8 oz's. Lasts a long time and cleans well!

Liquid Pledge and micro fiber. Bugs come right off, rain beads up and doesn't smear or haze up. A plus, I also use it to wipe down the whole trike. Nice shine and very inexpensive.

Pops

Windshield cleaner

Bug Slide and microfiber. Usually after a night ride I clean all the bugs off so they don’t get hard and stuck on. Makes life easier! Bug slide also comes in a small saddlebag friendly refillable spray bottle.

I usually just buy a 3 pack of Lemon Pledge at Costco and toss one of the cans in the trunk. I carry a couple micro fiber cloths in there as well. Spray on, wipe off. It's a lot more cost effective than Plexus or Honda polish and IMHO works just as good. It's also a snap to do a quick spot clean of the entire trike as well.

I will also sometimes carry a small spray bottle of half water and half Hydrogen peroxide. It will help break down the smashed bug guts very well. Again, just spray on, let it sit for about a minute, then wipe off. Easy peasy...

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pete the drummer
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png