2004 ultra trike trans

Apr 2, 2011
Perkins Mi. USA.
Has any one else had the swingarm mounnt on the back of the 5 speed trans crack where the swingarm shaft goes through. I did, but as woundering. Harley dealer said they never had a problem. I think that the ingineers tried to save 4 ounces of aluminume, the top of the casting is only 1/8" thick looking for you coments Tony

Tony has not happened to me but I have read of it happening before. You might want to upgrade to a 6 spd. year.

I had it happen to my 2008 Roadglide 6 Speed that I had triked. I just re-installed a whole new transmission last week.

I think my break was caused due to the swing arm shaft nut coming loose because I didnt tightened it enough when I replaced the drive belt over the winter.

A Trike rear end puts a lot of lateral stress on the swing arm and swing arm bushings. Its possible your broken transmission ear mount was caused due to the bushings being worn out to allow the side to side movement or the rear end not having the correct adjustment for alignment and proper belt tension and over time the stress cracked the ear.

I attached some pictures of what my case looked like after it had too much side to side movement

Well my 04 motor trike was line up to spec's i know there a lot of stress on the swingarm but why would the engineers evan put a swingarm through a trans mount in tthe first place. I think its just bad engineering on Harleys part my shaft where tight. My 04 trans looks a little different.

Tony has not happened to me but I have read of it happening before. You might want to upgrade to a 6 spd. year.

Well i just think its was a good idea but i also think that 1450 would be a little week for the 6 speed it crossed my mind. But went bacdkt 5speed its running good for now.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png