Well i got to see a trike on a deck truck

Well i got to see a Trike on a Deck Truck but it wasn't so awesome seeing as it was mine !VR finally broke on me in Bonners Ferry ,Idaho an i got to get my Trike hauled back to Canada.Best part is Harley has a recall out on 2012 Voltage Regulators but O wait a sec they haven't shipped enough out to repair very many bikes. Sorry had to do a little rant . Anyone out there that is having this VR problem needs to get their dealer on it as being on the side of the road with no support really sucks.

ps i got the last VR in the spokane valley which is good but got a 4 hr ride on my ultra to go get an then another 4 hrs back cause my dealer doesn't have any

pps the deck truck ride only cost me 320 bucks but at least it got me an my wife home with our trike safe {would definitely rather rode the trike home tho}

How frustrating and disappointing for you! Thankful you are home safely and will soon be on the road again.

i would be talking to the regional manager about some refunds on towing. I have heard of dealers having enough of the VR that they are replacing the ones on the showroom floor.

Actually Gorilla my dealer was told by a harley rep he should order some in to do his showroom so as not to take away from the recalls.He replied to them that if he had any in stock{all on back order} he would be addressing the recalls first rather than putting them on a showroom bike.They are a good dealership and they address any problems actually quite fast so no complaints really in that area from me.Also they are going to do something with the tow bill so thats cool.

Since I complained to my dealer on June 11th that I had read alot off the internet about the issues with the VR and my new TG was probably going to be in the batch. I was told that the problem is that people are on the internet talking to other people too much and should be out riding. LOL, the following Monday while my TG was still in the shop, the bulletin came out. Again they did not check my TG until I asked them if they did, they did not. So, they scrambled around on Thursday that week to check it when I raised some kind of fire and brimstone HE--! finally the owner told the parts people that I was to get the first one that is shipped. Got it put on this week.

Also did not the towning coverage with HOG help you at all? The upgrade is available thru HOG for $19.99. Plus the extended coverage covers towing. I agree with Gorilla, talk to your dealer then if no go, call HD and complain about it. I have asked to talk to a regional rep and was told no way would they talk to a customer....

It sounds like you have an excellent dealer, Ellard! Great customer service, for sure. That is so good to hear :)

VR recall?? I have not heard a word from HD? When did this recall happen??

Need more info, thank's in advance.

If your TG is a 2012, then call your dealer give them your vin, they can check in a flash if yours is in the recall. Tons of info on here. The VR recall's are within a certain batch number, the 4 digit number on the VR white sticker. Can't remember by heart so don't quote me as positive, but the batch number was something like 3911-5111, the week and year the VR was made. They were installed on bikes of all kind from last Oct to this past Feb.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png