lehman trunk question

May 13, 2012
Helena, MO, USA
I have a 2008 Dyna / Lehman conversion and recently the trunk opens while I am going down the road. I check the trunk prior to riding by pulling on the license plate bracket to make sure it is latched. I however, still opens most the time while I am carrying a passenger. It stays latched while riding solo. Has anyone ever experienced this? And if so, what did you find was the issue and how was it repaired?
Thanks

My Lehman trunk door uses a key to open. However, there is a small cable with a loop on the end that's kind of hidden away where it's not obvious but accessable. It's for emergency access in case you don't have your trunk key for whatever reason. You might want to see if you have one and check to make sure the loop or the cable isn't caught on some projection that causes it to open the latch whenever you have a passenger on board.

I have the same key and cable setup as Yogisan. The cable is under the back of the trike between the mufflers. I did notice that if I close my trunk door easily, it does not completely latch closed. I have to put a little more pressure on it to close it all the way. Might just be that you need to crush the gasket a little, to get completely latched.

If mine is completely latched, I also have to press the trunk door a bit to get the key to turn in the lock.

thanks guys ... it sounds like the same system I have ... I looked at it prior to posting .. I think my next step will be to relocate it Again thanks

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png