Escalade Trailers

Jan 20, 2011
Dexter, MO, USA
I was wanting to know what kind of experience people are having with Escalade trailers. I got one last year and took it on two short trips around 1000 miles each and notices the tire were wearing in the middle. I thought it was because I had too much pressure so I changed to pressure to 28 lbs. This month I took a trip to South Dakota which is about a 1200 mile one way and by the time I got there I had to replace to tires. Then by the time I got back home the tires I just put on needed to be replaced. I guese my question is, has anyone else had this problem on one of these trailers or any trailer and what have you done to correct the problem?

We picked up our Escapade Elite trailer at CSC headquarters in Virginia as part of our ride to Maggie Valley, back in 2010. We had it painted to match the trike in July.

In August, we went to the western states, most of the western National Parks, rode the Coast Highway in California, saw all the major sights, including (rough) Route 66, well over 5000 miles in 17 days.

Last year, we went back to the Maggie Valley Rally in 34 hours of downpours, and returned to Central Texas in blistering 105+ heat.

This year, we went to Maggie Valley (Rally #5) and on up into western Pennsylvania to visit friends and family, 16 days, almost 4000 miles.

Those trips, plus all the short trips around Texas, have totaled nearly 24,000 miles for the little trailer, and the tires are JUST NOW needing to be replaced.

We're delighted with the longevity and durability of the trailer - and its tires!

I contacted the company after sending the post and they are sending me new tires and they are helping me correct the problem. Yes the problem is in the alignment and the six bolt holes that bolt the hub assy to the frame needs to be slotted so I can make the change. We are still talking about the best way to correct the leaning in at the top. I have been talking to Mark at the company and he has been very helpful. I pull this trailer with the Stallion and it is painted to match and it gets alot of attention also. So far working with the company has been a pleasure and I will recommend the trailer to others. For the price it is a good trailer.

It is always good to hear about a company that stands behind its products when something isn't right. It looks like Escalate is a class act. Glad they are working with you to get the the problem resolved.

ed im having the same problem with mine but not as severe. i am getting only about 6k out of the right side and about 8 k from the left. please post details on the fix. thanks.

The way I started out was to put the trailer on jack stands and remove the tires. Then I used a straight edge as long as the frame and took measurement off the hub to the front and back of the frame. (I took the fiberglass body off the frame to make it alot easer to make the measurements) When I started the right side was off by 3/4 inch and the left side was off 1/4 inch. To correct it I redrilled the mounting holes (hub assy)and put the bolts back in and tighten all of them back up and remeasured to make sure both measurement were the same. I'm going to tack weld the mounting bracket to the frame and put it all back together and I'm taking a trip to Gulf Shore the first week of August so I'll let you know after that if everything worked. Hope this help you.

I'm confused.Just what kind of trailer are we talking about?
I have a Escapade made by California Side Car and it's not a cheap trailer,however a great trailer.With the knd of problems you are having,CSC would want that trailer back at the factory and not have an owner do that type of repair.
You are reffering to an "Escalade" and is this another brand of trailer I have not heard of ?

Yes I am talking about a escalade trailer, I know I saw Blondie Gal was talking about the escapade trailer but I have a escalade trailer and I bought it out of a company in North Carolina. The company also told me that if the trailer was at their location they would fix it. I have the ability to correct the problem and the company told me that it would be ok for me to do it. I have another trip planned in August and I wanted to make sure it would be here for me to take.

Thanks Ed for clearing that up.
Escalade,Escalate and Escapade,were mentioned in replies.
I looked the Escalade up and its a good looking trailer.
I don't believe my Escapade has a removable frame is why I was confused.
Sonny

No problem, that's what is so good about this forum. You see or hear about something or if your having a probem you can ask questions and get answers from all over the country.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png