Boom Audio iPod Interface Module Kit

tnale

Reaction score
I picked up the iPod Interface kit today and was wondering if anyone on the forum had installed one on their Trike yet and if so, how they like it. I know there are some operational issues but I am hoping they will get resolved via future firmware updates.
The install instructions are pretty straight forward but space may be a little tight for the module itself because I have a Hogtunes amp installed behind the front fairing that powers the lower fairing speakers.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

tnale,

I have the ipod interface on my 2012 TriGlide. I installed it myself. I chose to run the cable from behind the fairing to the lower right glovebox. I put in the felt liners and the locking doors as well to help protect and secure my 8gb iPod nano.

I have not experienced any problems with it, though it did take me a little bit of time figuring out how to select playlists and what functions the handle bar controls performed.

Yes, you have your work cut out for you since you have an amplifier installed in the fairing and speakers installed in the lower glove boxes. The interface module is designed to be mounted to the top of the HK radio next to the CB module. I'm not sure how your amp is installed.

I'll try to help out anyway I can. Ask away!

Thanks John...I picked up the extension cable that extends the connection back to the RH saddlebag on a bagger model. I am hoping that it's long enough to run into the tour pack...looks like it will work. I think the real issue will be where to mount the module. The amp is mounted right where the module needs to go.

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stag man
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png