CSC and 30 tooth transmission sprocket

Feb 24, 2011
Eclectic,Alabama USA
Just had my HD dealer change my 32 tooth to 30 tooth transmission sprocket. Wow what a difference!:10: I wasn't sure the change would work on a CSC conversion but it does. If anyone is thinking of a CSC conversion change the sprocket at the same time you'll be glad you did. also try and get a little shorter belt as you loose almost all of your adjustment. After going to the Rally I knew I had to do something or I was going to loose my clutch. :Excited:

Rick, They put my stock CSC belt back on, I had called CSC and they said it would work all the way up to a 4 tooth change. The mechanic said after the change I had approx 3/16 in. left of adjustment so it just barely worked(2 tooth change). If I had known this I would have looked for a shorter belt. I hope it don't stretch anymore although they said I could probably lengthen the adjustment slot a little if I had to. CSC needs to advise everyone that uses there conversion to change the sprocket or they need to change their gear ratio. I think it is geared too high.

I have the 30 tooth pulley on my Trike and I seem to re-call that my conversion installer telling me that CSC provides a heavier drive belt and that there was plenty of adjust to compensate for the 30 tooth pulley. I also verified this with Tech Support at CSC. Ride Safe!

I have the 30 tooth pulley on my Trike and I seem to re-call that my conversion installer telling me that CSC provides a heavier drive belt and that there was plenty of adjust to compensate for the 30 tooth pulley. I also verified this with Tech Support at CSC. Ride Safe!

Kruzr, I had my conversion done at CSC last year and after the conversion I called back to see If they offered a different sprocket because I felt it was geared too high and they said no. It looks like they would have told me about the belt and the Harley sprocket. My Harley dealer changed the sprocket and they called CSC about the belt adjustments and as far as I know they didn't tell them of the different belt. If I had known of the Sprocket and Belt at the time of the conversion I could have saved a lot of money by having the sprocket and belt installed at that time. Better yet It should have been designed to work without any other modifications.

I actually had the 30 tooth before the conversion and called CSC Tech Support "Kyle" and he said it would OK to stay with the 30 tooth. Had my installer call also. If you have the 30 tooth installed now, I don't believe you will need a pulley change. CSC doesn't care which one you have, they have the kit set up to match the stock gear ration of a Harley. And everyone on the forum believes the 30 tooth is the way to go. I'm not a mechanic this information is to my best recollection. Ride Safe! If you would like I'll get you the name of my installer at Woodstock, HD here in Illinois.

Just had my HD dealer change my 32 tooth to 30 tooth transmission sprocket. Wow what a difference!:10: I wasn't sure the change would work on a CSC conversion but it does. If anyone is thinking of a CSC conversion change the sprocket at the same time you'll be glad you did. also try and get a little shorter belt as you loose almost all of your adjustment. After going to the Rally I knew I had to do something or I was going to loose my clutch. :Excited:
What did it cost to have the 30 tooth sprocket installed??

CSC 30 tooth sprocket....

how is your harley d trike doing so far? I'm thinking about doing on my csc trike... the csc factory offer an option performance gears now... a 6 speed bikes are $460.00 These kits include a 30 tooth front sprocket and speedometer calibrator, on the 6 speed bikes it also includes a 43 tooth Jack Shaft sprocket that goes on the trike kit. I need to know isn't worth it and does it make easier to accelerate and increase the torque?

let me know...

thanks

Joe

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png