Starting Question

I have 2009 HD trike. For the past few days when I tried to start it up it would start and cut off several times. Sometimes when I hit starter switch it did nothing. After a bit it started with no problem.

The other odd thing I noticed was that while going through this aggravating process was that when I turned off the switch the light flashed more than normal when arming the security.

I just had it in for 15K service a couple weeks ago with no problem before.

Any ideas before I have to go to dealer again :Shrug:?

When engine cuts out, do lights stay on? If not, maybe breaker problem. With my '10 TG, the starter switch and ignition switch went bad. Make sure you don't have any problems with stop/run switch. Personally, I never use it, but that could cause trike to shut off. Also make sure all wires are tight at battery, in case they had disconnected it for service.

I guess a more accurate way to describe the way it does would to say it is like when you try to start it with FOB out of range. My first thought was dead battery in FOB so I got my spare and same thing happened.

rhino, you made me think and no it didn't hurt too bad! I left the FOB out of range, punched in the code, (which I was suprised I did remember) and it started right up! Even did it twice! Thanks for the help! Going to do the battery and hope it wasn't a fluck that the trike was just ready to go.

I had something similar to this happen-and believe it or not, it was a bad cell in a battery that was only two years old. The battery was recently charged and still would produce similar results. I had it tested, and it was putting out just under 10 volts. Might be worth checking out-these things are not always black and white!

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png