bad ride poor rear suspension on tri glide

Check the air in rear sho is also. Last time I got mine back from service, no air in them. Made a big difference going up to 20psi.

1-1/4 lift, 22#in rear tires, 30# in shocks, and 34# in front tires. This works very well for me. Your results may very.ThumbUp

Everyone has there own setup..I run the Legend air suspension 26 rear tire pressure .
I find it rides better on this setup with 2 up riding..But with the new shocks the ride does not give you that Poo Goo affect as with the stock shocks..

I may even down the road switch to the DFT independant kit they sell for the tri glides.

Since the tires ( rear ) on your trike were meant for a 3,800 pound car or light truck the tire pressure can be reduced greatly. I have used down to 16lbs with out ill effect on tire or the handling of the trike. The greatest factor I have found is how much do you and or your passenger weigh and what shape are you and or you passenger in. Also on the larger trikes with tour packs or if you are pulling a trailer. Adjust it so it's how you like it... it may take you a little time and effort to figure out just what the right numbers are for your usage.. but it's worth it! ThumbUp

Maybe I am weird, but I put 25 to 26 in rear tires and only 5-10 in shocks. Feels just right. Any higher than 20 in shocks and I bounce like on a trampoline.

I ride solo all of the time and have rear lifts on back from TGstuff.

Funny you mention that! Recently I've been looking into different shocks for our '10 TG and I'm seriously considering Legend Air Shocks! From what I gather, they are a "true" air shock. A bit pricey, but I think it's one of those things that "you pay for what you get". Their web site is very interesting with very good info to discover!! Like I say, it's gonna be our next major purchase!!!ThumbUp

Yea you can adjust the air pressure from the handle bars..I like them better..
I mounted the compressor in the back trunk and not under the bike like the instructions state

Everyone has there own setup..I run the Legend air suspension 26 rear tire pressure .
I find it rides better on this setup with 2 up riding..But with the new shocks the ride does not give you that Poo Goo affect as with the stock shocks..

I may even down the road switch to the DFT independant kit they sell for the tri glides.

Hi, I just install the Legend Shocks in my Tri Glide 2013, can you tell me what is the PSI you are using with two Up, I am using 36 front tire and 26 rear tire
Thanks

Hi, I just install the Legend Shocks in my Tri Glide 2013, can you tell me what is the PSI you are using with two Up, I am using 36 front tire and 26 rear tire
Thanks
I dont have a guage with mine I do it by feel..I know some out there run there tires lower than 26 to help with the absorbtion of the road..I went a different route and put on new tires..Helped out my rideeven more..
I use the same pressure as you on the tires.My new rear ties been running at 31 psi
You will have to find your own comfort zone on the suspension.

13 TG has 38 front and 26 rear with 30 in the shocks. Rides like a dream and my better half loves it. She is the reason we bought a TG. I also have 09 Softail Deluxe and lately the only one I find myself driving is the TG. It not only is smooth but with tGlide Stuff lifts it corners as well as a two wheeler.
Play with the pressure especially the rear tires and you'll find your sweet spot.

Maybe I am weird, but I put 25 to 26 in rear tires and only 5-10 in shocks. Feels just right. Any higher than 20 in shocks and I bounce like on a trampoline.

I ride solo all of the time and have rear lifts on back from TGstuff.

I do not ride solo very much, but when I do 10lbs in the shocks works good for me. Thats with the TGstuff lifts also.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png