On the hunt for a trike....

Feb 25, 2011
Ruston, La USA
On the hunt for a trike.... EDITED!!! Found one..

My wife and I are in the market for a VW trike. We're in Louisiana, and would prefer something within 500, 600 or so miles of my location. Looking for one with a fiberglass body similar to the one pictured here, or maybe even one with a bug body. Something in the 5000-7000k price range. A comfortable, roomy back seat is a must. We've found several on craigslist, ebay, etc but still looking to see what's out there. Thanks!

You could get someone to build you one. The mileage you request is quite low for a used trike, I can put that much on one over the weekend.

I bought mine sight unseen and to me it is a good looking trike. But my lack of knowledge has been one big headache. Whoever built it set the body to low and it is almost imposable to get your hands in to even pop the distributor cap off let alone adjust the carburetor. I have to take the motor cage off to get into it to work on. All the wiring had shorts in it and again the low sitting body was a nightmare to work on. The nosecone is cool looking, but again, almost imposable to work on. The seat leans back with no head or upper body support making longer trips very hard to do. So I would suggest you go and look and sit on the one you are going to buy. It might save you a lot of headaches.

My wife and I are in the market for a VW trike. We're in Louisiana, and would prefer something within 500, 600 or so miles of my location. Looking for one with a fiberglass body similar to the one pictured here, or maybe even one with a bug body. Something in the 5000-7000k price range. A comfortable, roomy back seat is a must. We've found several on craigslist, ebay, etc but still looking to see what's out there. Thanks!

No need for an edit classicfins...you said it correctly...unless you edited it before I read this post.

Congratulations! That is an eye-catching trike, and you will have the biggest grin from now on! Ride safe and enjoy it :D

Supper cool looking trike!! What body is that, a Wilmac ?? How about a couple pictures of the tow bar. Looks like it might swivel??

Thanks guys.. It's the Stallion model and was built by Arizona Trikes. I will get some close up pics of the tow bar today. It's homemade and does swivel. The guy I bought the trike from had it for an extra hundred bucks so I grabbed it.

Tow bar pic

Here's a pic of the homemade tow bar I got when I bought the trike. It was bolted tight, but I loosened it just a bit and it swiveled fin. I am going to modify a bi to have it swivel on 2 plates instead of just the one.. For $100 it did fine...

That was quick , no labor pains at all ( inside joke ) glad you found one , go easy the first 100 miles ,have fun, keep the bugs out of your teeth.

I've already learned I have to move to a state with smooth roads.. lol.. That springer frontend, being so light too, makes for some rough riding on most roads in north Louisiana... lol

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burnout
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png