TG speed

On interstate I stay with traffic (75-80) and sometimes up to 90 MPH for a short burst passing. I run the same with my SG. The mileage is only 25 MPG but oh well

How fast have you had your TG.do you do freeway speed or do you push it a little on the freeway !!!!:D

There's a bunch of states where "freeway speed" is more than enough! Good example is about 60 miles of I-15 in Utah is 80mph. Hard to do on a triglide driving into a 35 mph headwind uphill.

On interstate I stay with traffic (75-80) and sometimes up to 90 MPH for a short burst passing. I run the same with my SG. The mileage is only 25 MPG but oh well

Same here. Anything over 65 mph without a tailwind and I'm below 30 mpg. I feel the same, "Oh well.";););)

I generally go with the flow of the traffic. Up here that's about 75, right at my comfort zone on the trike. Though lately I've been enjoying the hell out of 80 mph in 5th at 4000 rpms. The motor is very happy up there and pulls like crazy. Haven't gone much faster on the trike. If I do I'll be ready to hear "Cleared for takeoff".... I'm sure it's stable but man, that's a lot of plastic being pushed down the road.

I normally run about 5mph over the limit, except when the speed limit is way up there, then I run about 72 max. trike seems to run the best at that speed with the trailer behind. I've had mine up to 95 once, but that was with a tail wind and a lot of distance. lol

Freeway speed limit here is 75. Most people do 80 to 85, including me. Off the freeway, usually 5 to 8 over the limit. Just got back yesterday from a 2400 mile trip thru NV, Ca, and OR. Oregon has no sales tax and though they deny it, one way they make up for that lost revenue is to keep the speed limits ridicuously low. Anyone who has driven Highway 20 from Bend to Ontario knows what I mean. 55 MPH speed limit on a road so straight and desolate in some stretches that you can see it disappear over the horizen 20 miles away without another car in sight. Except the state Trooper hiding behind a little hill halfway across. Other areas are steep, long mountain climbs and trwisty canyon stretches that follow a winding river. However, yesterday we were able to get behind two different vehicles with a radar detector.

We did the 300 miles in 4 hours and 20 minutes including a quick gas and snack stop about halfway. If I would have had to drive 55 all the way across there, I would have gone insane.

When we were coming home through Missouri, there were times the prevailing traffic speed was an indicated 88 mph. I have the 32-30 conversion. I expect about a 7 mph difference in that speed. But I have seen an indicated 95 on the speedo once. It was enough. No need since it is not a rocket ship...more of a cruise liner!

When on a trip I generally run 5 to 8 mph over the posted speed limit. If traffic is going faster than that I will flow with the traffic. The TG is a very stable platform. I don't worry about gas milage.

After I switched to a 30t counter-sprocket I've slowed it down a bit. Cruising RPM's are about the same - near 3000 - but the speed has decreased due to the lower gearing. I don't need to be going all that fast anyway.

think you for replying to my post . I run a little faster on the freeways not to fast. TG is still new.But the performance is way off for me i have 1.200 miles on it .Im in the process right now putting 110 in it and exhaust:wave4:

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png