Phoenix Trike Works

Feb 28, 2008
OK, since I'm a VW guy, I'll start off here. These guys are doing some wild stuff with VW, Porsche and even flathead Ford power!!

blue_bullet7.jpg

blue_bullet5.jpg

Phoenix Trike Works

Kool, I love the VW's Cathy and I restored 29 of the older VW beetles and had fun doing it. Hobby turned in business ---business turned into pain N the A$$$ so quit all of it. Still have tons of parts left over. Thanks 4 sharing the pictures.

vdubb

There are some good videos of these on YouTube.com. They look wild and look like theyd be a blast to ride maybe not for long distances. It would have to be a second trike in my garage, but I wouldn't mind having one at all. Whats weird about them is the extreme rake on the font end. It must have about a 70 degree rake on the thing but it seems to drive and handle fine and it turns pretty tight in the YouTube videos. Who is the guy that builds them? How much??

It's a father and son out in Phoenix. The "standard" trike is $30,000. Looks like around $12,000 for a roller. A little too high dollar for me, but cool! I'll check out the videos.

If I had the room I would have one in the garage. I think Honey would try and drive it. I had friends, husband & wife team, drive theirs home from FLA to CT. They said it was a great ride .

They are real purty and ride nice too, if you'g like one real similar to theirs, give me a yell, i have one in the works and also have the redneck rage too as a roller ot turnkey, and a lot cheaper too.
Take care,
ray

Phoenix Trike Works out of business (Does anyone know them?)

Hi folks, Does anyone know the guys involved in the "Phoenix Trike Works". They went out of business and this was one of my Bucket List trikes. I would have never been able to afford it but, as long as it was out there, I could dream. I am currently working on a trike from WildmanTrikes where I bought a complete frame. As part of the working poor I don't have money for tools and I have never fabricated metal, but as a 54 year old guy with time on his hands, I want to learn. The one I would like to attempt is equivalent to the Hawaiian Orange that PTW made, but in fire engine red. I don't know if they sold all the plans, jigs, and parts to someone or just stopped doing it.

As a noob, I have been researching all the bending, notching, welding, and other things involved with this and I think I can do it (That's how I learned to build my garage without prior experience). However, I can't look at something like that and say "its this high with this rake, so I do this. I am not looking to steal someone else's design or intellectual property. I also understand that sometimes something you worked so hard to create and labor on becomes a part of you. I mean no insult when I ask this, I only ask because I enjoyed the beauty of what you created. Therefore, I would like to buy some plans on the frame and forks so that, somewhere down the line after I practice on simpler stuff, I could attempt this. Thanks for reading this and If you read this I am sorry you are no longer making these great works of art. Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png