Kawasaki

I have put over 1500 miles on one in the past 2 months... I think it's one of the best looking bikes on the market. The only neg is the bike retails for 17k or so... and it shows in the small parts and details. Mind you I am riding a Champion kit.

The Kaw in better in the turns than the GL 1800 and the harley. On the open road I like the 1800 best around town the harley and or the Kaw are great with the Kaw edging out the GL1800 in the turns. Gas mileage is pretty good at 36 or so.

Any thing else?

You summed this up pretty good...I rode a wing with the California cobra kit for 5 years.I just wanted to try something different.This Voyager really grabbed me the first time I saw it..I agree with the 1800 being a little better on the long haul.But the Kaw really handles better and the driver has a lot more leg room to stretch out.I always felt cramped up on the wing.Thanks alot for the reply.Ride safe.

I have put over 1500 miles on one in the past 2 months... I think it's one of the best looking bikes on the market. The only neg is the bike retails for 17k or so... and it shows in the small parts and details. Mind you I am riding a Champion kit.

The Kaw in better in the turns than the GL 1800 and the harley. On the open road I like the 1800 best around town the harley and or the Kaw are great with the Kaw edging out the GL1800 in the turns. Gas mileage is pretty good at 36 or so.

Any thing else?

Notice any loss of power? How about ABS? Do rear brakes seem to be a little "soft"?

hank

I'm interested in any more pros and cons with the Voyager 1700. Was there any change from 2012 tp 2013 models? I'm looking at a new one now and am thinking of going with the Kruze conversion from CSC. I now have a 98 Goldwing that I'm fed up with the lack of legroom and lack of parts that will fit the 98-00 models.

Notice any loss of power? How about ABS? Do rear brakes seem to be a little "soft"?

hank

OK, so now I have had time to put a little mileage on the Voyager/Champion kit, (Put 6500 + miles on a coast to coast ride in July) and here is what I have discovered:
1. The trike handles perfectly with the E-Z Steer system
2. On my long trip, we averaged overall about 34.48 MPG
3. Trike handles great in the rain
4. Trike easily handles pulling a trailer 2 up
Negatives: Slightly underpowered in the mountains, but, then again, we were pulling a trailer 2 up. Did not have any real problems on the dragon!

Hank
Would I do it again? Yup. But, I may opt for a GW because of the larger more powerful engine, and shaft drive. That belt on the Kawasaki worries me.....

OK, so now I have had time to put a little mileage on the Voyager/Champion kit, (Put 6500 + miles on a coast to coast ride in July) and here is what I have discovered:
1. The trike handles perfectly with the E-Z Steer system
2. On my long trip, we averaged overall about 34.48 MPG
3. Trike handles great in the rain
4. Trike easily handles pulling a trailer 2 up
Negatives: Slightly underpowered in the mountains, but, then again, we were pulling a trailer 2 up. Did not have any real problems on the dragon!

Hank
Would I do it again? Yup. But, I may opt for a GW because of the larger more powerful engine, and shaft drive. That belt on the Kawasaki worries me.....

Nice looking blue on the trike, bet riding is nice in Cali this time of year

Nice looking blue on the trike, bet riding is nice in Cali this time of year

Naw..... Woke up this morning, overcast, 55 degrees, some rain. BUT then the sun came out, the clouds went away, it's 65 degrees..... think I'll go riding.
icon7.png
icon7.png
icon7.png

hank

Broke down and pulled the trigger on a 2012 Kaw Voyager 1700. The comparison between the Kaw and GW. GW has alot more power and smoothness. The Kaw has looks, sound and LEG room. My priority is room for my legs and thats why I did what I did.$_12 (2).JPG

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png