she is losing her shine

You could try polish-but just a good old fashion hand waxing might do the trick. I would use sumpin with carnuba in it-hand swirl apply, then buff the beejesus out of it when done. Orbital polishers are cheap and work great-you should be able to see yourself in the reflection!!!ThumbUp:D

Harley Davidson markets a swirl & scratch remover that works pretty decent, I've used it by hand on small areas and with my porter cable orbital and a foam pad. I use blue painters tape to mask off areas that I don't want to get wax or polish into.

As mentioned above, orbital buffers will do. But if your not experienced with a orbital buffer, I would suggest a random orbital buffer. With a random orbital buffer, it's highly unlikely that you would "burn" the paint. With a regular "orbital" buffer, it's very likely that you stand a chance of "burning" the paint, then your really screwed!! Also I find that a 6" buffer is as big as you would want to go. Porter Cable makes a very good 6" random orbital buffer, model 7424XP variable speed ranging in price any where from $120.00 to $170.00 on e-bay. Or you can get an 'el cheapo Ryobi for around $20.00, random orbital.....Buffers work really great, if you know how to use them!

As mentioned above, orbital buffers will do. But if your not experienced with a orbital buffer, I would suggest a random orbital buffer. With a random orbital buffer, it's highly unlikely that you would "burn" the paint. With a regular "orbital" buffer, it's very likely that you stand a chance of "burning" the paint, then your really screwed!! Also I find that a 6" buffer is as big as you would want to go. Porter Cable makes a very good 6" random orbital buffer, model 7424XP variable speed ranging in price any where from $120.00 to $170.00 on e-bay. Or you can get an 'el cheapo Ryobi for around $20.00, random orbital.....Buffers work really great, if you know how to use them!
Yes I have a porter cable ramdom orbital and unless you keep it in one spot it will not burn the paint..plus use the correct polish compound helps..So do your research..

8 or 9 years ago I bought a 6" random orbital polisher at Wal Mart, Wen brand Needed to rub out the top deck of our boat. 1/2 a can of rubbing compound and 6 bonnets later you could see the reflection of your teeth in that deck. All those years later that cheapo Wen polisher has done 3 other boats several times, bunch of Seadoos, 4 Harleys and God knows what else. Best $12.95 I've ever spent. I don't even bother to buy any of the terry bonnets anymore, just lay a micro-fiber rag down on the foam wheel.

Here's a link from Meguiar's On-Line that I've referenced from time to time that goes pretty in depth on how to remove swirl marks and restore shine, all by hand. Hope you find it helpful.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png