Preferred Rain Gear?

Juju

Contributing Member
Aug 29, 2008
Pensacola, FL
When I rode a two-wheeler, I just carried a generic rain jacket on "iffy" days. But now that I have the trike, I'm riding a lot more and thinking I should have some dedicated rain gear to carry in the trunk. I prefer something that's sized for women and not "unisex" (which really means it's for men, but they hope to sell them to women, too, without actually having to make women's sizes.)

So, any suggestions? TIA!

I began with a "decent enough" generic rain suit which I bought at a sporting goods store because it was a lot less expensive than the ones from the motorcycle shop. It did keep me dry from the rain, but I ended up feeling sticky under it as it didn't breathe. I have since found one on clearance at a Harley shop that is night and day different (think BETTER!). I think it is Gortex. But it keeps me dry, stays secure, "breathes" so I'm not sweating under it, etc. It is well designed for ease of putting on over riding gear. I don't believe it is designed just for women, but it fits me well anyway (although I tried on several to find the right fit for me).

Guess I am encouraging you to bite the bullet and go for the quality and the proper design for riding. It is well worth the extra $$, but like I did you may be able to find a suit on a clearance rack.

Want to look good and stay dry . I know I want to be able to walk around after I get off the bike. Be able to get in and out of it easily. This is what I am wearing ( So is Honey and my sister -in-law ) Tour Master. it is 2 piece the pants are like bib overalls , only in black, they come in a few colors.

Tour Master :: Rainsuits :: Defender 2-Piece Rainsuit

Glad ziplock baggie here... works great!:blush:

OK, you got me. I don't use a baggie.

Wifey and I have matching HD rain suits (the grey and orange) they fit and work very well. Maybe we should mention reflective markings too? These suits can be seen from miles away even at a Prince concert you can locate them easy and that's not easy.

We also like to carry our suits in the winter. They can make a huge difference if you hit a very cold area unexpectedly.

More good points . the Harley suits are a lot like the Tourmaster. ( JUJU doesn't have a Harley ) The Tourmaster also have the reflective stripes. When we get chilly we put on the pants or the jackets or both. Been there done that too. They roll up in their only little storage bag.

Agree with BenO - pics in the album of Gloria and me after running 4 hours in a pretty heavy rain from Des Moines to just south of Minneapolis. Were dry when we got to my mother's house. Also have rain boots from Choko ($15 at the Davis Rally) and rain over gloves. Also helps that the 'Wing has a large fairing and windshield, though I have ridden the same way in the rain on the Harley, just a windshield and was just as dry.

Last edited:
I usually wear the Frogg Toggs. They are so easy to slip on and they help against the wind. Many of the guys wear them now. Not to eveyones liking I know but if it ain't broke no need to fix it!!;)

When u get off the bike at a restaurant and it is still pouring do u walk around in them ? Do you remove them and roll them up all wet? I am confused.

I have a Harley rainsuit and it works well for me. Wife has Frogg Toggs and she's quite happy with them. I will say I believe the best set of raingear we ever had was the ones we had that your utility companies wear. They were lightweight, kept you dry, and folded up real compact. Boots we used were from Agway, I believe they were called Tingles, or maybe thats what I gave the wife...LOL

I have a set from Harley. They work very well. But I am now considering some type of jacket that is mutli purpose. Taking the leathers AND the rain gear does eat up some space... for me anyway.

I have a set from Harley. They work very well. But I am now considering some type of jacket that is mutli purpose. Taking the leathers AND the rain gear does eat up some space... for me anyway.

Would you consider looking at a 3-n-1 Jacket? There are several styles and colors but make sure you don't get a cheap one. HD, although pricey, is the best i've found.

Both C and I have the Harley "SwitchBack" jackets. They are simply wonderful in my book. Nice styling, removable shoulder and elbow protection and plenty of pocket space with Velcro wrist adjustments.

The SwitchBack jackets have an outer liner that unzips (you can take it completely off) when it gets warm allowing free air to flow and it also comes with a rain liner that is in a pouch that hangs from a Velcro strip inside the back of the jacket for those uncertain days. Light enough to wear in hot weather yet warm enough (even more so with the rain liner) for those really colder days.

It also has a reflective logo and trim on the back for night riding.

Simply roll up and stow your chaps or rain pants and take the 3-n-1.

jacket

article

Last edited:
So If you own a Honda , they also have the same 3 in 1 jacket only says HONDA on it $130.00

Juju, Diane and I wear the Tour-Master also. Everything seals up so no leaks and the jacket has a very thin hood that goes under your helmet to keep water off the back of your neck...

My point exactly I WOULD NOT wear a Harley anything and ride a Honda sorry I just can't do it.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GusGus1
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png