Ready to glide...almost...update

Howdy all,

Just a quick update. I just heard from Bob at Superior Trikes and he said that Motor Trike is running a little late on the delivery of the kit. He won't get it until April 30th. Then a 10-14 day paint/install time.

I told him that's okay just don't rush it. Make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. I'll get by.

Looks like we won't get the Roadglide back till after Myrtle Beach Bike week.

Oh well......Too bad, so sad.:(

Well good news he is keeping you up to date. Always sad when you miss a good bike event. Plenty of them left. I can't wait to see you Baby done.

After speaking with a few new trike owners (kit owners) the thing that tops the list is "quality control".

Calling or bugging the shop doing the work doesn't really have anything to do with it so much as the tech bouncing from one trike job to another waiting on parts for one while parts are in for another. The tech just doesn't remember where he left off so well. But, this is just my honest opinion. (JMHO)

In my previous posts I have stated all kinds of issues found after I got the trike back. After taking it back up there to get these items fixed and bringing the trike back home just to find they were not fixed or found something else that wasn't right.

Yep, quality control is #1 in my book. Heck, my tranny oil level was left very low even after installing the reverse kit. It was 5 oz low when I got it back then found out that I had to add even more due to the Champions kit. Another 6 oz to be precise or 38 oz in total.

So, in a nut shell.... when you get her home do your homework and make sure everything was plugged back in, bolts are tight, air pressures are good and oil levels are fine before you take her out on a date.

Can't wait to see pictures of her... post them when you can.

So, in a nut shell.... when you get her home do your homework and make sure everything was plugged back in, bolts are tight, air pressures are good and oil levels are fine before you take her out on a date.

That is good advice whenever anyone else works on your ride. And a good reason to learn to do your own maintainence. It's your baby - nobody will pay attention to it like you will.:yes:

he's right as far as self inspection, i had a vibration,took it to a dealer on the wisconsin/michigan border, he found a u-joint gone,replaced it, got home still vibrated,took it back,thought it was rea-end,they took pumkin cover off,looked good,took it home,vibrated,took it to a lehman dealer in souther wisconsin,he put it up on lift,said all looked good, brought it back,I jacked it up, found no gear oil in pumkin,u-joint backwards, then trailered it to Minn/Timms, he found shaft 90 deg off,found other things,fixed em all, I now do/check all parts an most all maint on bike:yes:

BK MI VI
MI PGR

he's right as far as self inspection, i had a vibration,took it to a dealer on the wisconsin/michigan border, he found a u-joint gone,replaced it, got home still vibrated,took it back,thought it was rea-end,they took pumkin cover off,looked good,took it home,vibrated,took it to a lehman dealer in souther wisconsin,he put it up on lift,said all looked good, brought it back,I jacked it up, found no gear oil in pumkin,u-joint backwards, then trailered it to Minn/Timms, he found shaft 90 deg off,found other things,fixed em all, I now do/check all parts an most all maint on bike:yes:

BK MI VI
MI PGR

From a newbie, the above sounds I landed in a foreign country without a visa!!! How long does it take to learn a u-bolt from a u-joint? :eek:

I am sure glad I am able to do most of my own stuff. That is not possible for everyone, but at least learn how to check your own oil. The basic stuff is easily learned. If then you are so inclinded pick up a little at a time. Ask questions, most of the people that have the knowledge are willing to share. Ask questions here, there are several real pros on this site. Bottom line if you need to have work done, go with the shop with the best reputation not the least expensive. ted

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png