Conversions vs. The hd ext. Warrenty

Aug 12, 2012
Pasco, WA USA
Experiences Please. For those who have triked with a conversion kit and were still in the orig. 2 yr.HD or the extended HD warrenty: Was that warrenty "out the window" or were the parts "unaffected" from the conv. still covered ?

I had started the thread "triking my 2012 Limited", but this could be the game changer here ! I know just buy a TG, but that is really not the long range plan here. Thanks, Craig

Experiences Please. For those who have triked with a conversion kit and were still in the orig. 2 yr.HD or the extended HD warrenty: Was that warrenty "out the window" or were the parts "unaffected" from the conv. still covered ?

I had started the thread "triking my 2012 Limited", but this could be the game changer here ! I know just buy a TG, but that is really not the long range plan here. Thanks, Craig

That is a really loaded question. So much depends on your dealer and what goes wrong. If you have a really good dealer and the MOCO doesn't need to approve or come out and see the problem for themselves all may be good. It is a crap shoot.

That is a really loaded question. So much depends on your dealer and what goes wrong. If you have a really good dealer and the MOCO doesn't need to approve or come out and see the problem for themselves all may be good. It is a crap shoot.

Absolutely correct of course.

But if you get right down to it, if the dealer is not inclined to help you in the first place then realistically what parts would be considered unaffected by a trike conversion? I would say very few...

If one is interested in maintaining their warranty then finding a service manager that will work with you on mods is imperative. I wind up letting mine get away with things I'd never put up with except for the warranty, but it's all part of the game.

The two replies pretty much sum it up... There are trike friendly dealers and there are those that will kick your a$$ every step of the way.

To this day I am not a huge fan of aftermarket extended warranties... you need to jump through some hoops to make some things happen, they are costly and they don't always cover what you need.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png