My first solo ride over 100 miles

Reaction score
Had fun today. Got up this morning and told my husband that I was
going bike riding. Rode to my old home town, then on down to the
lake and back home. Rode 104.7 miles. Hope to go more miles tomorrow.

Way to go!!! I have been riding mine around town for the last month trying to get used to it. Next sunday I have a 300 mile round trip planned, if I make it back I will post my boast!:AGGHH::D

Have ridden over 800 miles round trip with another rider behind me but haven't done a long 'solo' ride....YET! Good for you!! That will be one of my next goals. :)

MarciaG :)

I've only been riding for 3 years and my first "long-ish" solo ride was this summer I visited my daughter who lives about 80+ miles away, stayed over night and rode back. Hmmmm, is that 2 80 mile solo rides or a 160 mile solo ride? Doesn't matter. it was a blast and I had fun. Isn't that all that counts??

Nana, yes, my ride was "awesome" to me!
Ambadass, 300 mile round trip will be fun, you will want to keep on going down
that highway:)
MarciaG, wow, an 800 mile trip, would love to do something like that. You should be
able to handle a long solo trip now. I would love to do an overnight trip, but with my hubby along for that one.
Gorilla, thanks for the encouragement.
Maestro319, just me, but I would count 160 miles a "solo" round trip. That is how I counted my trip - after all, it was one big circle!

Thanks friends for your feedback and most of all your encouragement. Means a lot
to share with you all.

I rode today, 93 miles of pure enjoyment.:)

Americanbadass, forgot to wish you good luck in your 300 mile trip.
You will make it there and back, and I do want to hear about it!
Boast away!!!!!!!

My daughter lives in KY near Ft. Knox. I'd LOVE to ride my trike down there someday, 'cuz there is some beautiful riding country in that area. BUT,...that would mean an almost 375 mile, one-way trip. Usually 6-61/2 hrs by car on I-65. Not sure how long that would take by trike on back roads.

Maestro, that would be a gorgeous trip, and you are correct about beautiful riding to get there through southern Indiana and into Kentucky! You'd want to allow a good 8-9 hours each way. My recent solo ride was about that distance each day to reach my destination 700 miles away. It was wonderful, a comfortable daily distance, and I had a great time!

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Obsidian
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png