Clutch Lever Sensor

Jun 23, 2011
Citrus Springs, FL
Hello Everyone,

Just installed new 2" pullback handlebars on my 2011 TriGlide and I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the sensor that is located inside the clutch lever housing.

Since installing the bars I have to pull the clutch lever in very, very hard to get that sensor engaged so I can start the trike. I have played with the tightening of that housing, but it still seems that the sensor is just too short to make contact with the clutch lever. Anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do to correct it?

I know, I could put the trike in neutral and start it that way, but that is a pain.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Enjoy and Ride Safe!

Hello Everyone,

Just installed new 2" pullback handlebars on my 2011 TriGlide and I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the sensor that is located inside the clutch lever housing.

Since installing the bars I have to pull the clutch lever in very, very hard to get that sensor engaged so I can start the trike. I have played with the tightening of that housing, but it still seems that the sensor is just too short to make contact with the clutch lever. Anyone else have this problem and if so what did you do to correct it?

I know, I could put the trike in neutral and start it that way, but that is a pain.

Any suggestions would be awesome!

Enjoy and Ride Safe!

I don't have my service manual handy right now and I've never had to pull the clutch side apart. I know on the brake side you have to be careful of the brake light switch when you remove the housing, I wonder if the clutch switch is the same way.

Nope, it's not the same as the brake side. There is a grove on the right side that the switch housing and brake lever must match up. It will actually click when you pull the brake for the first time.

The clutch side or left side is totally different. It's a simple bolt on the switch housing then bolt on the clutch lever. Since they are two separate pieces I guess they could be out of line or the spread between the two too far apart. I've even seen the neutral switch push in and become out of adjustment.

Bill, open your switch housing to see if the neutral switch has pushed back into the housing or got damaged some how.

Bill, make sure the override button is out all the way ( from inside the housing ) if its not lined up just right you will have this problem

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png