gas milage

I used to live in Ontario Oregon which was about 2600 ft elevation, and I got around 39 and 40 riding 2 up. Now I live in Lincoln City Oregon which is right at the ocean and now it has dropped to about 33 is it the change in elevation and can the 1800 be adjusted to get my milage back?

Funny, I find the reverse with all my bikes & trike. Maybe because I live at sea level, they were all tuned for that. You might need to adjust it. Don't forget that at lower altitude you get more air. Probably makes it run richer.

I used to live in Ontario Oregon which was about 2600 ft elevation, and I got around 39 and 40 riding 2 up. Now I live in Lincoln City Oregon which is right at the ocean and now it has dropped to about 33 is it the change in elevation and can the 1800 be adjusted to get my milage back?

9/5/12
I just purchased a 2005 GL1800 with Lehman Monarch II kit. I am averaging almost 40 miles per gallon. I always fill it to the top to get an accurate reading. I am very happy with that considering the bike weighs almost 1150 lbs.
Motogordo:GL1800:

Funny, I find the reverse with all my bikes & trike. Maybe because I live at sea level, they were all tuned for that. You might need to adjust it. Don't forget that at lower altitude you get more air. Probably makes it run richer.

I believe that if you are getting more air it will tend to run on the lean side.

The 01 and up Gold Wings are fuel injected. They cannot be adjusted manually for fuel. It will adjust automatically. I usually get about 30 to 35 mpg on my 04 CSC. That is if I keep the rpm around 3k or less. Above that and it thinks gas is free. The injection system will deliver more fuel at sea level as it senses higher barometric pressure. Maybe the speeds you are traveling are higher now? Or a possible check of the air filter. But the mileage you are stating is about the norm.

I just finished installing a Champion Trike kit on my 1800 Wing. The first tank I got 35 MPG. On 2 wheels i got betweem 38/40. Same roads same speeds. I read a 10% drop in milage was normal. So I am right there. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

I just finished installing a Champion Trike kit on my 1800 Wing. The first tank I got 35 MPG. On 2 wheels i got betweem 38/40. Same roads same speeds. I read a 10% drop in milage was normal. So I am right there. Be safe and enjoy the ride. Larry

Sept.11.2012

I just back from riding all day, mostly around 50-55 mph. I have a 2005 GL1800 with Lehman Monarch II kit. I have been averaging 40 mpg on the last 3 tankfulls. I fill the tank right to the bottom of the neck for accuracy. I traveled 198 miles today and it took 5.1 gallons of regular. I am very happy with that. However, gas is now up to $3.77/gallon . When will it stop, if ever ?
Motogordo:GL1800:

I believe that if you are getting more air it will tend to run on the lean side.

Right you are. I forgot about crossing the Rockies years ago with a carb running way to rich. I took the air cleaner out to get more air. Replaced the plugs a couple times going over 14,000 ft. Was getting passed by old VW Bugs.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png