Paint problem with roadsmith conversion

Sep 2, 2012
Melbourne, fl
Has anyone had a paint problem? My white paint has large yellowing spots. Like large tea stains. Needs to be repainted. I am not very far from their daytona location. But the Honda dealer where I bought the bike sent it to north Carolina to be triked. Now less than a year later, it needs to be repainted. I learn that the paint is not factory and daytona (which is the factory owner and inventor) cannot repaint it without an ok from NC installer. He has to pay them. Honda dealer got a quote for repainting from a local body shop who does not know how to take it apart. So Honda dealer will remove the parts and then reinstall. This quote is a lot less than roadsmith daytona. I am very concerned about this! Rather have roadsmith do the whole job.
So this means if you have it triked and then move and have paint problems you have a problem with the warrantee. The warrantee states nothing about this. Needless to say, I am so frustrated and disappointed.

Has anyone had a paint problem? My white paint has large yellowing spots. Like large tea stains. Needs to be repainted. I am not very far from their daytona location. But the Honda dealer where I bought the bike sent it to north Carolina to be triked. Now less than a year later, it needs to be repainted. I learn that the paint is not factory and daytona (which is the factory owner and inventor) cannot repaint it without an ok from NC installer. He has to pay them. Honda dealer got a quote for repainting from a local body shop who does not know how to take it apart. So Honda dealer will remove the parts and then reinstall. This quote is a lot less than roadsmith daytona. I am very concerned about this! Rather have roadsmith do the whole job.
So this means if you have it triked and then move and have paint problems you have a problem with the warrantee. The warrantee states nothing about this. Needless to say, I am so frustrated and disappointed.

I would go looking for a small in depended body shop. There is one there can do it incl removing for painting.

Large shops has too much red tape, too many chiefs short on Indians.

My concern was too many involved and not getting quality work.
Roadsmith and the installer have heard me! The work will be done by roadsmith in daytona! That is what I wanted! I am very pleased that they are helping me. I rode the trike up there yesterday.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twagoner
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png