Tuner or not?

I have a 2009 Tri-Glide with a stage two kit. I will be replacing the 32 tooth sprocket with a 30 tooth and installing V&H Power Dual Headers and Hi-Output Duals soon. Do you guys feel that I should install a tuner or will it not really make much difference? If yes, what brand would you recommend? Thanks for your input!

You should have a stage two down load already installed in you ECM. When you change pulleys your speedo will read almost 5 mph higher. If you can live with that you will not need a tuner.

Yes you need a tuner with all that stuff. I have the SE race tuner. I also have the same pipes & muffers you are getting. Boy do they sound good. You definitly need the lift kit from Dennis Swan if you don't already have it. They will still drag once in awhile if you don't come down off the curb a an angle.

If you don't already have pipes and mufflers then you don't have a stage 1 much less a stage 2. No disrespect intended.

You will need a tuner. The best is the TTS. The new model TTS is hitting the market next week.

Could you please list your motor mods so we can help you further?

In my opinion a tuner would be a good idea. Im not going to get into which one is better but only 2 that im positive about can recalibrate your speedo and get your 6th gear light back after you do the 30t pulley change, the TTS and the Thundermax/Autotune. The Power Vision is fairly new and I have only heard that it will also recalibrate the speedo and get the light back, maybe someone else can verify that from actual experience.
If you dont care about the speedo and light then there are a lot of other options.
I only use the ThunderMax and currently have it on five of my six HDs. Never had a problem with any of them.

If you don't already have pipes and mufflers then you don't have a stage 1 much less a stage 2. No disrespect intended.

You will need a tuner. The best is the TTS. The new model TTS is hitting the market next week.

Could you please list your motor mods so we can help you further?

I had the stage one kit and reinhard pipes installed upon purchase of bike. Earlier this year, I upgraded to stage two kit: big bore kit and SE255 cams. This is what the dealer told me is included in a stage two kit. Guess they figured my pipes were good enough. :confused:

I had the stage one kit and reinhard pipes installed upon purchase of bike. Earlier this year, I upgraded to stage two kit: big bore kit and SE255 cams. This is what the dealer told me is included in a stage two kit. Guess they figured my pipes were good enough. :confused:

That's Great!! Stage II it is.

Absolutely... you need a tuner. The Trike would have run much better with a tuner than the Flash your dealer put in there. Oh boy... you are in for a wonderful surprise when you get a proper tune.

I have a similar configuration to what you already have (V&H Power Duels & slash cut mufflers, SE air cleaner and SE 255 cams) on my 2011 Tri Glide. Also have the SEPST Tuner and had the trike dyno tuned. WHAT A DIFFERENCE...oil temps dropped on average 15* along with a nice boost in power (92 HP & 101 ft-lb torque) and a 2 to 4 MPG increase (went from 28 - 30 to 32 - 34). It sure put a big smile on my face...:D

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png