Tribute to Triker troy

May 22, 2011
Orlando,Fl--USA
Some of you may have heard that one of our fellow trikers,builder,fabricator and engineer passed away in May.
I am speaking about Triker Troy from Florida.
Troy was the creator and fabricator of "Better Trikes" and his "Monster Neck & Monster Front Ends".

He made frames, necks and front ends (leading link).
He was also very involved with the VW community and had won many awards for his designs and building.

He was very quick to help out a fellow triker and pass along his vast wealth of knowledge.
His knowledge was NOT theory---it was facts that were learned over 45 years of building all kinds of trikes and VW's.

I knew him personally and had spent a few days with him in the last 2 months of his life.
He is best described as the "Mad Professor" of the triker family.
His glasses were bent up and had a missing lens, but there was no denying the knowledge that poured out of him.

He build me a "Monster Neck" connected a front frame section made out of
2" DOM steel.
All this was to hold a customized version of his "Monster Front End".
These parts were some of the last pieces that he made.
These parts are on my trike that is 95% complete.
The trike is powered by a Honda Accord engine!
He had built a similar trike also.
I will post the pics of my trike on here when it is finished.

Please-anyone that knew him or corresponded with him, add your thoughts on here and pay tribute to the loss of one of our brothers.

He will be greatly missed.

We have lost a great man who was a fellow triker.

Ride free Troy.

Beautiful tribute to your friend, Drumdoctor! Thank you for posting that. Please do post pictures of your trike when you have it completed. I know you will treasure it as a memory of Triker Troy as you ride.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cisco
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png