Venture Aux Gas Tank

Jun 27, 2012
Louisville
Installed Carbon_One aux tank kit this week end and can't say enough good about it. I ordered it on wednesday afternoon and it was on my porch UPS friday afternoon. It took about 12 hours total to install and was very easy. You also will explore parts of your bike you may not have seen before. While I was in there I removed the stock fuel filter and put another in a more accessable location. The only down side is it cost $35 to fill the trike when I was done. I put about 100 miles on it, switched tanks a few times and all worked as advertised. If you want extra gas for your Hannigan trike this is the one to get.

Its good to see you got it installed without any problems. You're going to love having that extra fuel now. Instead of others waiting for you at the pumps they'll be heading for them first. Even when out by yourself its nice to know you can be picky which station you go to for fuel or know you can get to the next station on those freeways with service centers spread out.
Larry

I'm pretty sure Larry still has a few tank kits on the shelf. If you are thinking of getting one you should do it quick, when what's built sells, he won't be making more for quite a while. He's going to need lot's of time to heal up after this weekends crash. I may have to change the locks on his garage to keep him out of there till he's better! :Shrug:

I run my aux tank first. With the main gas tank valve off till I run out of the aux. then I run the main when I turn the vave on That way I can watch the gas gauge from then on. Then main gas tank pump is strong enough to draw the gas from the aux. while the gas is shut off to the main tank. I was thinking I was loosing gas in the aux somewhere. When Hannigan told me what was happening. The main pump is so strong it pulls gas from the aux. At least I won't burn up the aux pump, because you don't know how much gas you have left in it, because of the draw. Does that make sense? Or did you guys already know that?

I run my primary gas tank down to two bars or until it get to start counting the mileage on reserve. I then turn on the aux because at that time I used between 4 1/2 and 5 gals. Once the gauge indicates full then I shut the Aux off. When I fill the aux up it's about 4 gals - sometimes 4.2

With Carbon Ones setup you run off the aux first, it has it's own pump that's controlled by a separate switch on a relay. The switch is right next to your horn button. While on the aux tank/pump the relay shuts off the bikes fuel pump and also closes a fuel solenoid so it does not pump fuel into the main tank, with it setup this way you don't have to transfer fuel from the aux to main tank, there-by eliminating the need to have to remember to shut off the transfer pump or switch the fuel petcock. When you run the aux down you flip the switch and you are instantly running on the main tank and can now watch the bikes fuel gauge. Installation can be done by most anyone with basic mechanical/electrical ability.
His tanks hold about 6 gallons. A very simple and dummy proof setup. So easy a caveman can do it :D

Hi;

Have you decided to keep your bike now & not sell it...
or is it still for sale?

JohnB

Installed Carbon_One aux tank kit this week end and can't say enough good about it. I ordered it on wednesday afternoon and it was on my porch UPS friday afternoon. It took about 12 hours total to install and was very easy. You also will explore parts of your bike you may not have seen before. While I was in there I removed the stock fuel filter and put another in a more accessable location. The only down side is it cost $35 to fill the trike when I was done. I put about 100 miles on it, switched tanks a few times and all worked as advertised. If you want extra gas for your Hannigan trike this is the one to get.

This week I am betting it is not for sale but maybe next week it might be.. Butch goes on and off with that trike these days. I think he has it right were he wants it now. LOL

This week I am betting it is not for sale but maybe next week it might be.. Butch goes on and off with that trike these days. I think he has it right were he wants it now. LOL

Gunny must like me - he is selling to me on Saturday.

I'm packing gear, insurance card, VA Trip Permit & Cashier's Check tomorrow for a bus trip to go get it.

Thanks Gunny! Your baby will be well cared for.

JohnB

Gunny/Carbon_One AUX tank worked great.

Only scare I had was when the AUX tank went empty - switched to main - engine wouldn't run - pulled over to the side of the road & stopped.

Then I realized the main tank gas valve was in OFF.

Ha - time to stop & rest when it takes you minutes to figure that out.

So in other words, it worked great. I was just a little slow at first.

JohnB

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png