Finally back from servicing

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
Brought her home yesterday from a complete end-to-end servicing and just got back from the maiden ride. She runs like a dream! Only one issue that still needs to be addressed. The stock seat is definitely not one for a long ride!! :AGGHH: Not comfortable at all. Looks like I might be contacting Russell seats a bit sooner than I had planned.

In any event, here's a few photos as I had promised after the morning ride. ThumbUp

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Love the carbon fiber dash panel! :10:
IMG_0604.jpg

Nice ride, I hear you about the stock seat. I'm planing to have Russel rework the seat on my 12 this winter, I can't get more than 60 miles before the old tail bone is on fire.

Great looking Ryde Rich... I ordered my 5th Diamond seat for my new GL1800, check out Diamond, their seats are all made on a steel pan and made custom for your height, weight and any physical issues.

They specialize in Goldwings, pricing is right there with most great seats. The owner is Mark and he really knows his stuff.

Great looking Ryde Rich... I ordered my 5th Diamond seat for my new GL1800, check out Diamond, their seats are all made on a steel pan and made custom for your height, weight and any physical issues.

They specialize in Goldwings, pricing is right there with most great seats. The owner is Mark and he really knows his stuff.

I will also look at Diamond seats as well as Russell. It should be an interesting comparison.

GREAT Looking ride Rich!!! That dark gray lends itself to a lot of trim options. It's dark enough that chrome really pops but light enough that pinstriping shows very nice also...

Did you get a chance to evaluate the peg repositioning hardware? I was wondering if the benefit justifies the cost..

Enjoy the miles!!!!!

Our bikes are almost twins except for those super floor boards. I also have the right-hand "throttle-rocker" wrist rest - do you have the exact mate to that for the clutch hand-grip? I haven't been able to find it anywhere! If you have it - please tell us where you found it.

GREAT Looking ride Rich!!! That dark gray lends itself to a lot of trim options. It's dark enough that chrome really pops but light enough that pinstriping shows very nice also...

Did you get a chance to evaluate the peg repositioning hardware? I was wondering if the benefit justifies the cost..

Enjoy the miles!!!!!

Jerry,

For a person such as myself who clearly prefers the 'foot forward' posture the Harley's have, these Comfort Controls Roadsmith offers are the next best thing if your choice regarding the bike happens to be a GoldWing. As compared to the stock position, with the comfort controls in place your feet are now further down and forward. I believe I've previously mentioned it as a more 'natural' sitting position rather then having your legs tucked in or a crouched position. At least that's how I feel with the standard sitting position on a Wing. If you're asking me if it was worth the expense, for me its a definite Yes! Especially for long rides! I want this trike to be as comfortable as possible. The only other option left to that end is to replace the stock seats with either Russell, Ultimate or Diamond. I'm researching all of them presently.

And a big thanks to all who have responded to this thread with such great compliments!ThumbUp

Our bikes are almost twins except for those super floor boards. I also have the right-hand "throttle-rocker" wrist rest - do you have the exact mate to that for the clutch hand-grip? I haven't been able to find it anywhere! If you have it - please tell us where you found it.

Konrad,

I bought both of mine on WingStuff. You can order either the right or left hand side from the drop down ordering box on the page. (I placed 2 orders, one for each side) See link below;

Grip Countoured ISO Throttle Boss - Honda Gold Wing Parts & Accessories by WingStuff.com

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poorhouse
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png