Battlax tire from Amazon

Ordered a Battlax BT-45H for my soon to be triked GL1500. It arrived today and I will return it tomorrow. Tire was 4 years old and a tube type. Now I know why the price was so good.
Sam

Ordered a Battlax BT-45H for my soon to be triked GL1500. It arrived today and I will return it tomorrow. Tire was 4 years old and a tube type. Now I know why the price was so good.
Sam

samuelmd,
Be careful, not because the tire is old, Great you found out, but some shops will not put on tires they don't sell. I know a couple of shops in the Northeast that will not put tires on they don't sell because they can't control the quality of the tire and if they put it on and something happens, they are liable for it.
It may cost you a little more, but you have the shop to fall back on in case something happens to the tire. ThumbUp
Good luck.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

My HD shop will install a tire that you bring in but charges $20 more to mount it, I don't have a problem with that. I was looking at Avon but I think I will go with HD (Dunlop) for above reasons (Rosy). The front tire is so critical on a bike/trike. I know the Dunlop works so I think thats the way I will go. Also age does matter, 5 to 7 years should be max (depending on cracking), I know I will catch hell here for this statement. Learned this from motor coach experience. I had 8 year old tires on my motor coach and had some very fine cracks on the sidewalls. I kept an eye on them (Michelin says 10 years max with no major cracking "see chart on their site"), I check them before each trip. We took a 150 mile trip to Myrtle Beach and when I checked the tires for the return trip they had BAD cracks on the side walls, this was in 150 miles that they went from acceptable to get them the H--- off the road! I check my tires more often now, the front tires on a motor coach and a bike/trike are the one thing on the vehicle that needs to be in top notch condition!

My dealer installs the tires free if bought from them. So it's a no brainer not to buy from the internet. And I tell the dealer I don't want a tire older then 3 months.
Buying a tire from the internet (new tire or old??) then freight (unless free), then finding an installer and his cost just isn't worth it to me.
And as Rosy said - you have the dealer right there in case of a problem.
Also you're helping to keep your local shop in buisness, which that alone is worth the additional cost - if any. ThumbUp

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png