Screamin Eagle Tuner Software

Oct 13, 2010
USA
I just purchased the new Screaming eagle Tuner Software and was reading the information and came across this statement.

"However, do not reflash CVO, police or Trike models, as the cals are chargeable."

Does this mean if I change my calibrations on the TRI GLide it is chargable and after "X" attempts to change the calibrations it will not allow me to change anything??

any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated before I attempt to make changes to my ECM..:Shrug:

What page did you read that on? I just got the 2012 SEPST CD. I glanced thru the manual, but couldn't find that. All I saw was this:
The system is designed for Harley-Davidson Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection, (ESPFI) systems offered on the following EFI-Equipped models (from here on referred to as the “current ESPFI” system):
• 2001 – later Softail,
• 2002 – later Touring,
• 2004 – later Dyna,
• 2002 – later V-Rod,
• 2006 – Destroyer,
• 2007 – later XL.

What page did you read that on? I just got the 2012 SEPST CD. I glanced thru the manual, but couldn't find that. All I saw was this:
The system is designed for Harley-Davidson Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection, (ESPFI) systems offered on the following EFI-Equipped models (from here on referred to as the “current ESPFI” system):
• 2001 – later Softail,
• 2002 – later Touring,
• 2004 – later Dyna,
• 2002 – later V-Rod,
• 2006 – Destroyer,
• 2007 – later XL.
tech tips--under Troubleshooting

Installation and Programming Issues

its the 2013 tuner cd..

I just purchased the new Screaming eagle Tuner Software and was reading the information and came across this statement.

"However, do not reflash CVO, police or Trike models, as the cals are chargeable."

Does this mean if I change my calibrations on the TRI GLide it is chargable and after "X" attempts to change the calibrations it will not allow me to change anything??

any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated before I attempt to make changes to my ECM..:Shrug:

You did get the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner? You don't need to use a trike calibration to start with if you don't want to.

Does it look like this one?
sestreet.jpg

Or this one.
sepronew.jpg

You did get the Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner? You don't need to use a trike calibration to start with if you don't want to.

Does it look like this one?
sestreet.jpg

Or this one.
sepronew.jpg
yes I have the bottom VCI. And yes if I get a close calibration I can go thru and tune the trike..But when I was reading the new tuner software that harley released for 2013 it stated that the cals are chargable???as stated above. I was wondering what they meant by that statement??

yes I have the bottom VCI. And yes if I get a close calibration I can go thru and tune the trike..But when I was reading the new tuner software that harley released for 2013 it stated that the cals are chargable???as stated above. I was wondering what they meant by that statement??

Just a stab in the dark here , but could it be a misprint ? "Changable" instead of "Chargable"

OK, I see you were talking about the HELP section in the SEST program, not the Super Tuner Users Manual. What you state must be new for 2013, it's not in my 2012 CD.
Yes..Here I have copied and pasted more of the paragraph..and the 2013 CD does state for trikes now..

As a best practice, enter the correct VIN and reflash the ECM to the latest stock, non-chargeable, calibration using DTII. If asked which VIN you want to use, select the VIN you entered. However, do not reflash CVO, police or Trike models, as the cals are chargeable.

Yes..Here I have copied and pasted more of the paragraph..and the 2013 CD does state for trikes now..

As a best practice, enter the correct VIN and reflash the ECM to the latest stock, non-chargeable, calibration using DTII. If asked which VIN you want to use, select the VIN you entered. However, do not reflash CVO, police or Trike models, as the cals are chargeable.

I'm guessing that is for Dealers and that they shouldn't recalibrate CVO, police or trikes because they'll be charged by HARLEY moco if they do. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.

I'm guessing that is for Dealers and that they shouldn't recalibrate CVO, police or trikes because they'll be charged by HARLEY moco if they do. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it.
You maybe right!!..I hooked up the VCI and was able to comminciate with the ECM.
I have calibration #33217-10B. I wish this could be saved to the computer but for some reason Harley does not give you that option to save the original calibration..

I know I could use a close calibration then Auto tune. But still like to save to original calibration just in case..

You maybe right!!..I hooked up the VCI and was able to comminciate with the ECM.
I have calibration #33217-10B. I wish this could be saved to the computer but for some reason Harley does not give you that option to save the original calibration..

I know I could use a close calibration then Auto tune. But still like to save to original calibration just in case..

That is the down side to the HD product, you can't save the factory calibration. This is one of the reasons I choose the TTS, in the end it makes no difference when you blow the power train warranty away which tuner you choose to do it with.

That is the down side to the HD product, you can't save the factory calibration. This is one of the reasons I choose the TTS, in the end it makes no difference when you blow the power train warranty away which tuner you choose to do it with.
since my warranty ran out in June I ..The TTS is coming soon and new header pipes ceramic coated from Fuel Moto should be shipped maybe late Oct-Nov. There was a 10-16 week lead time when I ordered back in August..

Wish I could see the tune tables from the stock ECM ..On the New Software they have now where you can change for the fuel/Air ratio the value to like gas and 10% ethanol or just gas or even gas and 26% ethanol vesus using the Lambda settings.

It could be so much better if they made a few more changes to this product..

since my warranty ran out in June I ..The TTS is coming soon and new header pipes ceramic coated from Fuel Moto should be shipped maybe late Oct-Nov. There was a 10-16 week lead time when I ordered back in August..

Wish I could see the tune tables from the stock ECM ..On the New Software they have now where you can change for the fuel/Air ratio the value to like gas and 10% ethanol or just gas or even gas and 26% ethanol vesus using the Lambda settings.

It could be so much better if they made a few more changes to this product..

Harley Davidson doesn't want their product to be as functional as it could be. Back when TTS made the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner they offered to add all kinds of bells and whistles which Harley declined. Now since Harley Davidson has chosen someone else to build its tuner the folks at TTS can do their own thing.

I was wondering if you have the stage 1 download,if it can be saved?

If you use the SEPST you can't save the current ECM image. If you have the TTS you can save the image but you can't look at it or change it, only upload it if the need should arise. I believe the Power Vision works the same as the TTS when it comes to saving the current ECM image.

If you use the SEPST you can't save the current ECM image. If you have the TTS you can save the image but you can't look at it or change it, only upload it if the need should arise. I believe the Power Vision works the same as the TTS when it comes to saving the current ECM image.
With the PV you can save the currentECM map to the PV unit. Open up the software and retrieve that map from the PV and view all the tables. I would like to view the HD Stage I 103 map to see exactly what they change besides the rev limiter.

You know, a Thundermax ECU would solve the problems I see stated here, if I understand this issue that is.

I have to agree , Of course im biased toward the TMax as I have 5 of them.
You dont see much discussion on them ,possibly because they work so well, again remember this is my opinion as it is my perfered tuner.

If I was to try another tuner it would be the PV/AutoTune

I have to agree , Of course im biased toward the TMax as I have 5 of them.
You dont see much discussion on them ,possibly because they work so well, again remember this is my opinion as it is my perfered tuner.

If I was to try another tuner it would be the PV/AutoTune

I think your so successful with the Tmax because you've taken the time to become very good at it. I've read some folks who had problems which pretty much sounded like they never took the time. I know if I was to ever fiddle with a Tmax you'd be the 1st person I'd be touching base with.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png