Rhino ramps for gl1800 trikes & others

Sept. 26, 2012

I just purchased a set of Rhino Ramps from my neighbor. They are great. As you can see it is now very easy to get under the GL1800 and see what is going on. I also use a single one for the front... They don't slip at all on my cement garage floor. A good investment.

Motogordo:GL1800:
specifications:
3000 lbs./ramp
length : 36"
width : 11.5 "
height : 8.5" (lift height 6.5")
incline : 17 degrees

Last edited:
Great idea! Nice clearance under the trike to work. WOW.
Hey, did you get all your questions answered about the front tire for a trike?

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Great idea! Nice clearance under the trike to work. WOW.
Hey, did you get all your questions answered about the front tire for a trike?

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Sept. 26, 2012

9,000,000 answers. LOL. I decided to go back to my original pressures. 36/25. I will see how the tires wear as the miles pile up. Thanks for asking.

gordon

The excellent pictures pose two questions I feel compelled to ask:
1. What is the advantage of backing up the ramps rather than driving forward?
2. Should we assume that when changing oil you also use the front ramp or do you prefer a "tilt-down" for better drainage?

Gordo Ive been using the Rhino ramps on my MonarchII the past 5 years. What Ive also supplemented them with is a set of hydraulic jack stands so i can do other maintenance. With the lehman you really cant get a jack under the back end if you have the factory lightbar installed. I do my own maintenance because of lack of dealers in my area. I also purchased on sale an ATV jack from Pepboys that fits under the trike when I need to jack up the other end when I need all 3 off the ground.
On tires I have almost 50,000 on my trike and am on my 2nd set. At 23,000 I checked my rears and found half of the tread life of the center of the right tire worn down. I tried the trick of running 24 in the right and 22 in the left for road crown. I replaced them with Michelin Primacy and I run them at 22 psi. Ive had them as low as 20 psi and it gives a nice smooth ride but it just seems too low for me. On your front tire run it like you want. Ive seen guys run an MPA (Michelin Pilot Activ) as low as 36 and as high as 43. Youll find a smoother ride at 36 but it may not feel good in the turns. I used to run mine at 38-39 because at 41 I didnt like the jolts on certain bumps. Whether you run 36 or 41 it will be a crapshoot on whether it will cup also. There is no guarantee on the cupping solution and Ive read of more cupping issues with the MPAs than any other tire. Ive got one on now because I had to replace my BT45 and I couldnt get a BT45 when I needed one. After running the BT45 I cant wait to get the MPA off of the trike. Its noisy and it buzzes the handlebars at certain speeds and compared to the BT45 it looks anemic. To me the BT45 is more of a trike front tire than the MPA but thats just my look at it.

The excellent pictures pose two questions I feel compelled to ask:
1. What is the advantage of backing up the ramps rather than driving forward?
2. Should we assume that when changing oil you also use the front ramp or do you prefer a "tilt-down" for better drainage?

Sept. 28, 2012

I only backed up on the ramps to check the goodies underneath. I go forward only when I am running up the front wheel to check out goodies underneath also. If I change my own oil I will probably run forward on the one ramp in front unless it would drain better if the back is raised.

Gordon

the 1800 is strong enough in reverse to make it up the ramps? Those of us with running boards couldn't go forward on the ramps as they wouldn't fit in front of the rear tires.

Dan Moore
St Charles, MO

I have a set just like those and I have driven up on them going forward with aqua shields on. I haven't tried backing up on them, I will have to try that.

I have 2010 mototrike Adventure, and never thought of using the ramps. Been using a floor Jack under the motor, but not any more. this will work beter when changing the oil and other work.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lean Machine
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png