Hannigan Owners

Jan 29, 2012
Dover, NH USA
I need help! If you have a Hannigan trike with the heads up display that tells you your trunk is open, could you take a picture (s) of you micro switch attechment on the trunk latch so I can see how it was mounted. Winter project will be to mount a saddlebag micro switch on the trunk latch to the heads up display if the trunk is open. Will you please PM me and I will send you my e-mail address so you can send me your pictures.

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards,

Rosy

From NH

Last edited by a moderator:
I do have the instructions on how to wire the switch, using the wires which lead to the display under the seat. I have the color codes and how to make sure they are the correct ones and which way to wire the micro switch so it will work. ThumbUp

All I need is pictures. :Coffee:

Thanks.

Regards,

Rosy

From NH

I have an 02 and I asked Jim Gooch about it and he said the micro switch were cut too short to work with. I wonder if he brought up my build invoice and that was noted.
Oh well, that's a lot of water under the bridge, now. So, I am hoping for help from the TT web site. If I can't get it, then the engineering part of me will take over and make do with what I have.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I have an 02 and I asked Jim Gooch about it and he said the micro switch were cut too short to work with. I wonder if he brought up my build invoice and that was noted.
Oh well, that's a lot of water under the bridge, now. So, I am hoping for help from the TT web site. If I can't get it, then the engineering part of me will take over and make do with what I have.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

I'm sure you'll figure it out, Rosy. It's very handy to have! Mine just recently came in to play as I evidently didn't close my trunk completely. It popped open on the road and I noticed the display immediately, pulled over and closed the trunk. Hasn't happened since.

We had an incident this summer where both of us got into the trunk and thought one of us had closed it. Well, we took off and my brother-in-law was behind us, so he blew the horn and let us know it was open.
I've had the instruction on "How To" since 2011, but thought hey, we are careful, that went out of the window when that happened. So, then and there I made up my mind to wire the micro switch in place.
In these instruction you can use an auto car switch if that's all you have available, which may be a better solution since they have a method of attachment, while the saddlebag micro switch is without an attachment point, because the other half is left on the saddlebag. BUT, the saddlebag mico switch is small which is nice since there isn't a lot of room to work with on the trunk latch.
Like you said, I will figure it out.
Projects for the winter will be:
Trunk micro switch
Rewire LED lights on handlebars to light up controls for radio/CB/cruise controls on an on/off toggle switch left over from the old Goldwing air suspention.
Change oil and filter.
Change old XM radio to a Roady2.
It will be busy this winter in my cellar!

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Ummmm , very interesting idea.. ... I think I also might attempt this project as well. I am more concerned about my top trunk tour pack always open and I am checking it to make sure. not so concerned about the Hannigan trunk though. GREAT IDEA. and have just a small micro light low dim on dash for it.
already have the light just need to find the right micro switch ThumbUp
Jeff

Wow, I can't believe no one has the heads up display when the lower trunk is open on their GL 1800 Hannigan. I thought at least one person would have it and would take a picture and posted it or send it to me via e-mail.

Oh well, I guess I will make do with what I have and mounted the micro switch best I can.

Thanks everybody for reading this thread! :wave4:

Regards,

Rosy

From NH

Wow, I can't believe no one has the heads up display when the lower trunk is open on their GL 1800 Hannigan. I thought at least one person would have it and would take a picture and posted it or send it to me via e-mail.

Oh well, I guess I will make do with what I have and mounted the micro switch best I can.

Thanks everybody for reading this thread! :wave4:

Regards,

Rosy

From NH

Rosy,

Call Hannigan. I'm sure they would be able to supply you with instructions and photos of a properly installed micro switch.

I posted what Jim said about the wire being too short and he didn't say anything about providing a photo.
Oh well.

Regards,

Rosy
From NH

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png