Dyno

Aug 21, 2011
Lake Murray, SC
I have a 2005 Ultra/Lehman that is completely stock. I am at the Myrtle Beach Fall Rally now and there's a guy here with a dyno, I understand this bike doesn't have "02" sensors". Can he improve this bike?

I have a 2005 Ultra/Lehman that is completely stock. I am at the Myrtle Beach Fall Rally now and there's a guy here with a dyno, I understand this bike doesn't have "02" sensors". Can he improve this bike?

Yes if he is a competent tuner.

If he has an 02 sniffer for each cylinder he can tune the bike. It also depends on the tuning device he uses. What tuning device are they trying to sell you?

Remember... depending on the tuning device you get you may be able to tune the bike yourself. All you would need is a set of head pipes with the 02 sensor bung holes, two 02 sensors and the wiring harness. It's not hard to do. If you can't find a head pipe with sensor bungs then you can purchase the bungs and have a muffler shop weld them in.

I have two sets of head pipes in my storage barn that fit 07 and earlier Ultra's with the welded bungs... But you would need to get them first and have them installed... catch 22.

If you have him tune and you do modifications such as change the air cleaner and mufflers or do cams then you must retune. This is why you really should be careful which tuner you buy.

There is much more to this but easily learned. Above is only a high spot bullet point.

-wiz

Ditto to what the Wiz stated. I bet the guy you are looking at is going to sell you a Power Commander. He will also try and sell you some other stuff: air cleaner, mufflers, pipes, tension springs for the cam chains and maybe even cams. Your call, your money. All that will improve your motor if tuned correctly as the Wiz stated. If it is the same guy I've seen at several different rallies he has the proper equipment (dual Sniffers for his Dyno) I believe is name is Chris. He did some work on a couple of friends at the Leesburg Fl rally and the results were good. Thats if it's the same guy.

Thanks for the info Wiz and Gorilla. I think I'll wait and do the muffler (02 also) and breather then tune. He leaves tomorrow so not enough time to get ducks in a row.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png