A Quick Little Poll

2-wheeled Fat Boy..... the same bike I triked in '06, and I loved it both ways :).
I chose to add a trike kit after loving riding on two wheels for 20 years just because I am so petite that I didn't dare go out on my own with the Fat Boy because of difficulty maneuvering in gravelly parking lots, uneven or sloped roads at stop lights, etc. When you firmly plant your feet (toes) but don't have the reach to do more than that unless the surface is perfectly level and smooth...... Well, let's just say it sure is wonderful to not have to worry about holding the big ol' bike up, and I love being free to run errands on it or take a longer ride without waiting for Mike to get home and go with me.

Had many bikes over the years, but after we got married in '93 we got a 1990 HD FLHS with a side car. She doesn't like to lean on bikes. Turned out she hated the hack -she could look under the trailer of semis and see jacks and pallet racks, the tires of big trucks were taller than she sat, she couldn't see anythin on the left because she sat lower than me and she really didn't like when I lofted the wheel on the chair. She ran into the Trike Shop at the Davis Rally and the next January we went to pick up her first trike, a VW based Runabout with an auto trans and a foot accelerator. Since we have had a '95 GL1500SE Motortrike and now a 2004 GL1800 Champion.

Still have an ride th FLHS, sold the sidecar.

Oct. 5, 2012

I traded in my 2011 Canam Spyder RTS/SE5 for my 2005 GL1800 Lehman Monarch II Trike. I really didn't have any problems with my Spyder and only had 5,000 miles. I just happened to drive by the dealer where I bought my Spyder to say hello to the guys and saw this 05 GL1800 Trike with lots of BLING and that is the end of my story. LOL. I drove home with my Trike a couple of hours later after it was checked out and serviced. I purchased both bikes from " East Coast Cycle Center" Bensalem, Pa. I am extremely happy with their sales, parts and service department. Kudos to the entire staff including Aaron (Senior Sales Staff) Mike and Bob (Parts Dept), Alan Proctor(Service Dept. Mgr.) Jackie (Expert Trike Builder) Alan Ewing (Chief Spyder Tech) and Walt Young (Owner).

Motogordo:GL1800:

Last edited:
I owned a 07 FLSTN Deluxe and a 08 Night Train. I made a major mistake of putting high ape hangers on the Deluxe and hated the look and the ride. So I traded the Deluxe for a 2011 Triglide. Kept the Night Train and still ride it more than the Trike.

doug

Well I have owned honda's, Yamahas, Suzuki and many Harley's. In fact theres an 09 Springer in my garage right now along with my Victory KingPin 8 Ball and amy Victory XC. The Springer is being picked up by its new owner in 7 days and the Victory XC is on its way for a CSC Ventura trike conversion 20 October. My wifes back and cyatic nerve forces her off riding her own, and 2 UP on my XC is good but, my left knee will give one of these days so.......entering the world of trikes for our 2 UP and trip riding. WE did 9000kms+ in a couple weeks back in July on the two victory's. We attend Veteran events all over the place in the summer time.

The Kingpin will likely receive my hard bags this winter and a set of taller bars as it will be my daily rider, solo but a saily rider and still have the feeling of riding 2.
I will miss the XC on 2 wheels as its the best handling bike I ever owned! Its painted as military tribute bike and I will have some of the same artist work done on the rear of the trunk of the trike this winter also.

Great forum here and learning a lot.!
:)

Been riding various 2 wheelers since 1974. Decided to trike my 03 Ultra in 06 (DFT kit) since my better half and I started doing more long distances touring. The greater storage capacity and look of the DFT Smoothie sold us. Rode the DFT conversion until 2011 when we traded for our current ride, 2011 Tri Glide. Really enjoy riding a three wheeler...just seems more relaxing especially on gravel, sand, metal grating and wet roads.

I traded in my 1800 VTX For a spyder:AGGHH:[I spit every time i think about that]'
I wanted 3 wheels cause i ride all winter, I dumped the spyder, [traded] for a 11T/G, About a year ago, So far 12 thousand miles,.ThumbUp

Just a cage. This is my FIRST bike/trike EVER. And,... I LOVE IT!!! I don't know why I waited so long to get into biking. I thank my 80 year old riding buddy for getting me started and encouraging me over these past 4 years.

I have riden a honda ace shadow1100,a 1500 kaw nomad vulcan. I have a 2008 vw trike I built love riding it now I have a 2003 honda valkyrie with a motortrike kit love riding it too.

Traded my Dyna Lowrider in on a 2009 TriGlide. Joan had a had time riding on the Lowrider. Went in the Harley shop one day and Joan saw the TriGlide and it was love at first sight. Needless to say we now ride a Tri.

I rode a 1800 GoldWing, and enjoyed it very much. I had a problem with my left knee wile on a ride with a good friend about 550 miles away from home. I couldn't even stand on it.
Thank god he rode a trike, we switched bikes and made it home. I had an extra long test ride. Now I am riding an 09 GoldWing with a motortrike kit. Doctors won't fix the knee and I won't quit riding so the trike was the my solution.

Before buying the trike, I had an almost identical Harley Ultra. The consideration began after the wife got two new knees and Arthur began destroying my knees and back.

Decision point came when one of the knees caused me to lay the Ultra down at a gas station. A month later we were on three wheels and have loved every moment and tour as often as possible in retirement.

I had a 2007 1200 sportster and hubby had a 2009 dyna, i never felt good with my abilities on two wheels, and have an issue with "leaning" makes my head feel funny, not exatcly light headed but close, (i think from a past stroke) hubby has major back problems, and some times his leg gives completly out , not a good thing at a stop. We traded both bikes in on the tri glide and are loving it. we can both drive it, and it is great for distances,

The bike I hade before the trike was a Honda Gold Wing, and was involved in a head on crash while on it so had a choise of no ride or ride a trikel and once you ride a Gold Wing it is hard to ride anything else.I have ridden many different bikes including Suzukies,Kowasakies,Harleys,Triump,several different Hondas. The best part is the wife is comfortable on the trike where not so on two wheels so she , for the most part, is enjoying rides along with me.

Still have the BMW two wheeler for riding 1 up. Have the 11 Tri Glide for 2 up touring. Enjoy going back and forth between 2 and 3 wheels. Such different riding experiences, but both very enjoyable.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lanakent900
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png