Looking for Hannigan/Venture

Sep 24, 2012
Mico, TX.
We currently ride a 2006 GL1800 and I want to go trike. I have been looking at a Venture trike by Hannigan. I am willing to trade the Wing (under 21K and with Nav and many KuryAkrn options; boards, heel/toe, Ergo pegs, Passenger air foil, baker mirror wings, Kuryakyn trunk rack, etc.). It is dark red and in fine condition. Anyway, I have found a few used Venture trikes but all are sold by the time I get to them. Not interested in a new conversion due to price. If you have a lead or would consider a sale or sale/trade shoot me a PM. I am located in the Texas Hill Country and willing to drive.

I will keep me eyes open for you. I'm always browsing and sometimes I do come across Venture trikes. I will keep you informed. I'm located in the Fort Worth area - Bernie

The 01 doesn't have a Hannigan kit. Look at the side-view pics and it looks oddly unfinished; can't recall kit maker name but I don't want one of those. The yellow 2001 was sold a long time ago and the poster no longer is a member and can't communicate this with site management. I am keeping an eye on venturerider.com. There is a 2002 RSV trike for sale on cycletrader.com and I talked with the dealership. It is an old Motor Trike conversion with straight axle and no ez steer and when you see close-up pics, it has a bunch of rust and chrome on wheels is flaking off. Again, the only kit I would be interested on is the Hannigan. I have spoken with their #1 dealer (Coach Rick) and while he prefers the Goldwing, I may find a used Venture and trike it this spring. I am sure pricing for my wing will go up in the spring as prices get depressed towards the colder season so it may be this spring unless I can find the right one before then. Ideal would be swap 3 wheels for 2 with some money on my part.

Good question... for the wing, a Hannigan conversion is about $14K; a CSC conversion about $15K, a Roadsmith about $11K and a DFT conversion around $12K (these are from dealers I would use after speaking with them and looking at their reputations). Why not buy a used trike for $17-20K (going rate for a GOOD low mile Venture) and sell my GW for $13K and spend $4-7K for a trike? I have owned a Venture and the wife actually preferred it to the GL1800. I think the overall driver ergos on the Venture are better for me as well with its cruiser seating position.

This post just showed up on Venturers.org

"The Hubby and I were out looking at ATVs today and hit the local Yammy dealer who also carries Polaris. Sitting inside was what he said was a '99 RSV. I have never seen one that color. A deep wine red, NOT my fav black cherry, over silver.

I was told that the bike was bought by an 80 something gentleman who decided to start riding again. Apparently, it did not take long for him to figure out that the RSV was not for someone who had not been on a bike is something like 20+ years [he dropped it bigtime]. It was traded in on a 650.

The bike has a noticeable scratch down the right front fairing. I can assume most of you can guess where with lighter scratches on the right side from where he dropped it. The bike is clean otherwise, 100K miles on it, with an asking price of $6k. The bike is located at Rob's Fun Center which is on US 290 in Brenham just off the FM 389 exit. I might be able to come up with pics if anyone is interested. Just let me know. "

Followed by these posts

"BTW Katy Yamaha is having a "trike day" at the dealership this Saturday. It is not a factory Yamaha thing, just the dealership's. Demo rides available. If I'm over this darn head cold enough by then, I'm going!! "

"$3500 to $4K is about right if it drives and everything else is damn near perfect. 100K isn't a deal breaker, but depending on how it was maintained it could be full of problems. Wish I had a bit of cash to play with, I'd really love to get on another G2."

If Katy isn't too far maybe you can head over and ride some trikes.
Happy huntingpepper

I didn't see your note until today... Saturday was kind of grim looking and I ended up working until dark; cut the grass and got some shop time in (business). Didn't know the dealer in Katy was a trike place but they only had ONE trike in the inventory and it was a "Roadliner" and not something I would seriously consider... $29K to boot for a 2008! OUCH. How much would a basic 2008 Roadliner cost? More than a Goldwing?

I did find an RSV triked with a MOTOR TRIKE conversion (they used to make kits). It is a red 2000 with low miles but the conversion was solid axle and no ez steer. In addition, there was a LOT of rust that didn't show i the pics on Cycletrader.com... The dealer is up north; Indiana I think and the rust is what put me off. The chrome on the wheels was flaking badly as well. Otherwise, the salesman said it ran and steered good and had low miles. They were going to allow me $12.5K for my wing and asked $15.4K for the trike. While the price was attractive, I couldn't get around the rust and would have had to add ez steer myself.

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2000-Motor-Trike-Royal-Star-Venture-104348908

George, Ole Gunny is selling his trike on The Venturers site .. Least I think he is ... Email me if you are still interested and I will get in touch with him for ya ..

Guys name is Butch Moore .. Here is his email ..

"Butch Moore" <butchmoore210@gmail.com>

Another friend has a 2010 HD Tri Glide Trike with only a little over 2K miles on it ..
Awesomely equipped ... They want $27 for it, but they will also dicker with ya
on price ... If they will email me at mgammon65@comcast.net will send them some
pictures of this trike .. Been helping them sell it ... They are Mike and Donna Rogers, live in Jacksonville FL ... email: mrdr1948@comcast.net ... This trike is like new and is loaded with options .. Was new, well in the mid $35K range ...

Guys name is Butch Moore .. Here is his email ..

"Butch Moore" <butchmoore210@gmail.com>

Another friend has a 2010 HD Tri Glide Trike with only a little over 2K miles on it ..
Awesomely equipped ... They want $27 for it, but they will also dicker with ya
on price ... If they will email me at mgammon65@comcast.net will send them some
pictures of this trike .. Been helping them sell it ... They are Mike and Donna Rogers, live in Jacksonville FL ... email: mrdr1948@comcast.net ... This trike is like new and is loaded with options .. Was new, well in the mid $35K range ...

Butch has the RSV Hannigan?

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue24
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png