Repair of your Stallion....

Just wanted to remind any Stallion owners out there if you are having a hard time finding someone to work on your Stallion, I was the Lead Technician for the Stallion at TBMS for 3 years. I moved to Arkansas to be closer to my children. I know the Stallion from front to back, and top to bottom. I have all tools necessary to repair any problem with your bike. If you are in the area, or not, give me a call and we can get your bike fixed.

I am an authorized repair shop also. I work out of a shop, not my house, and can accomodate any repair necessary. Dont trust your bike to just anybody, give me a call and lets get you back on the road! You can even ask Stallion owners on this forum as well, I know what I am doing. Feel free to message me anytime. Thanks again....Kevin Perkins

Hi Kevin,
My bro-in-law has a 2008 Stallion that he said the overdrive quit working when he presses the button. He checked the fuses and they appear to be fine. What do you think the problem would be? Thanks

Dean
Have him check the OD button they will go bad. Check and see if it has power to the button or not. If he is like me I use that button to cancel overdrive all the time on the hills so it wont shift back and forth then the only thing I have to worry about is in and out of lock up convertor.

Darrell

The bulb itself can be changed out with a little work. You can get a replacement bulb from an auto parts store, but you will need to do some splicing of the harness. Or, you can contact TBMS and see if they will offer you a replacement light that will come ready to install. If you have a reputable shop or mechanic that you trust, splicing in a new bulb shouldnt be any problem for them to swap it out.

Dean, when the button is pressed, does the O/D light come on in the Instrument Panel? If so, the button is working properly, and I would suspect either wiring, PCM, or Transmission problem. Start with the easy stuff first....

its on the shift lever left side just below the curve of the top of the handle. if the od is off a message light lower left side of message area would be on.

Hi ,

Ok I found the button. Sometimes I wonder about myself. Anyway thanks for the info will go out when it stops raining and try it out. Thanks again to all on the Forum, It is GREAT.

Terry. #696

Kevin,
I love my Stallion, but it has been a royal pain for me with break downs etc. I was going to Mo and came through Ar. the other day and my heater went out for the second time and a bolt came out of my rt rear brake causing my brakes to lock up. This happened on a Sunday with no mechanics around in a small town. As it turned out the heater relay switch was lose on the heater that is located under the hood. I put a bolth in the brake as a temporary measure. When the caliper came lose it has scarred the inner side of the rim.

I have had several issues with my 2010 stallion and not impressed with the workmanship on it when it was built. It is an awarding winning trike with the murals etc, but is it worth almost losing a life due to brakes and lost of sterring and front end issues. Like I said, I love the Stallion, but not sure about the quality at times. Just saying. Kevin could you send me your phone number in a private message and I will see about coming to your shop for repairs/warranty work. It took my Ford dealership 5 weeks to repair/replace the front end.
Thanks
Dean

Hello KEVIN, when you need help KEVIN is great.. when in texas go directly to TBMS ask for Jeff or Jr. call ahead and make an appt. they are good about taking care of problems and updating your trike.. If you are in the Chicagoland area please contact GOLF MILL FORD 847-470-9800 the service dept.is great Contact Cris Fanella service mgr. or Mr. Bill Giers Serv. Director. # 1 rated service dept. in Ill. :10: they are located in Niles Ill, northern suburb of Chicago.

Last edited:
Kevin, I have a 2009 and I have had several issues. I love the bike but there are some quality issues. Right now I am dealing with a front wheel that tilts to the left. I have had it straight and then when I drive it goes back to being tilted to the left. I measure the from the ground to the axel and the right and left side are different. It seems that the right and left side work independently and I can't believe this should be. HELP

Kevin I need help. I have a front wheel that runs tilted to the right. The distance from the ground to the axel are different from right to left. I didn't think that they should be independent. What could be the problem. The distance to the back of the arm is the same.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stumphumper
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png