2006 Sporster/Frankenstein coversion project

lzski326

Contributing Member
Nov 14, 2008
Mark, Illinios 61340
2006 Sporster - Frankenstein conversion project

Just picked up the bike today, the kit will be here in a couple of days. It shouldn't take long to build. With the present work schedule, it will probably take longer than I figure.
7595-2006-sportster-1.jpg

Last edited:
The Frankenstein is a pretty easy conversion and fun to ride.
I know you have seen mine the last couple of TT meets.
Is this for Rena?
One piece of advice is to find a set of pipes that turn down or you will be looking at a black axel. They have the V&H big radius for sporty and you can see in the pics the shortshots shoot straight back at the axel and the big radius point down. I think the side shots work also.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0543.jpg
    IMG_0543.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 183
The pipes they supply are the same as the short shots, in fact they may be just that.
End caps would do it if you can find something to fit.

Finding something could be rough, by looking at the picture off the pipes that come with it. If a guy could weld something then get them re-chromed.

The Frankenstein Kit came in today, one week from the day it was ordered.
Here's some pics of the misc. parts. Some Assembly Required lol.

7604-kit-1.jpg

7605-kit-2.jpg

7606-kit-3.jpg

7607-kit-4.jpg

Next, its time to figure out how to anchor the front of the bike to my work bench and garage floor.
thanks for looking

Larry, A couple of tips-
First disreguard the pic, you dont need that for a Sporster install.
The tires are directional, ie: L&R. After one of my installs the owner removed the tires to install his newly painted fenders and accidently switched sides, easy to happen, he broght it over and said he was getting a strange vibration after he put the fenders on.
We swaped sides and vibration gone.
Take a short test ride befor you install the raked triple trees, people are gonna ask if the trees are worth it so get a comparison ( they are worth it)
Keep the pics coming, Charlie

It's a Roller :Trike1:pepper. I just had a shot in my lower baqck this morning, so I was on light duty, but my honey did about 80% of the wrenching, while I supervised. Next will be the paint and some small things like brakes and exhaust.

7615-assembly-1.jpg

my cheif mechanic on the project.

7616-assembly-2.jpg

7614-assembly-4.jpg

I let her use my new rolling chair, that she just bought me for my birthday. lol
There probably won't be a lot worked on for a few days now, Rena goes back to work for four midnights of twelve hours, she works 4 on 4 off of 12 hr shifts, and I have physical therapy.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Miketharp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png