Personal (vanity) plates- who has them?

Finally got my tags.......

HOGEATERTAGS-03302013_131254_01_zps0dd90e96.jpg

HOGEATERTAGS-03302013_131501_02_zpsa410373a.jpg

HOGEATERTAGS-03302013_131810_03_zps3ca447c3.jpg

HOGEATERTAGS-03302013_131826_04_zps7d22cd7b.jpg

Here in Texas I have Vietnam Vet plates on my 21 pickups and my '12 TriGlide. Once you get a set of them, you move them from one vehicle to the other when you trade. The ones on my "04 Powerstroke have been on 4 different pickups since 1991. The state replaces them every 10 years, just for the reflecting quality. the one on my '12 TriGlide was on my '05 Peace Officer Special Ultra. Regardless of what month I buy a new/another vehicle, the state has the registration expire the same month as when I first got them.

Who has a personal plate on their trike. In AZ with my disabled plate I can only have 4 letters/numbers. Looking for idea's...

How in the world can anyone healthy enough to ride a motorcycle or trike be eligible for a handicap plate??????? I have a friend out there that is healthy as a horse and has a handicap plate on his Harley 2 wheeler. I don't understand it!

How in the world can anyone healthy enough to ride a motorcycle or trike be eligible for a handicap plate??????? I have a friend out there that is healthy as a horse and has a handicap plate on his Harley 2 wheeler. I don't understand it!

It all depends on the handicap. There are people out there who may not be able to walk far due to certain health reasons, doesn't mean they can't ride a trike. I once saw a guy with a prosthetic left leg ride up to the DMV on a 2 wheel Harley bagger then take his cane out of a holder and walk into the DMV, he had a handicap plate.

Now if your friend is healthy as a horse and has a handicap plate then shame on him and his doctor.

It all depends on the handicap. There are people out there who may not be able to walk far due to certain health reasons, doesn't mean they can't ride a trike. I once saw a guy with a prosthetic left leg ride up to the DMV on a 2 wheel Harley bagger then take his cane out of a holder and walk into the DMV, he had a handicap plate.

Now if your friend is healthy as a horse and has a handicap plate then shame on him and his doctor.

I understand how it might be appropriate for someone who rides a Trike, but I still can't figure out how a healthy 2 wheel rider has a handicapped MC plate. When I asked him, he just smiled. Makes it hard for folks with real disabilities who can't find a handicapped parking spaace.

My plate is simply my name: KANDIE

I believe it cost me $28.00 per year to register it in NY.

I guess I should get on the bandwagon to upload some pics of my Trike. Getting a bat wing fairing painted this week so maybe wait until it's completed to put pics up.

I understand how it might be appropriate for someone who rides a Trike, but I still can't figure out how a healthy 2 wheel rider has a handicapped MC plate. When I asked him, he just smiled. Makes it hard for folks with real disabilities who can't find a handicapped parking spaace.

Now that plain pisses me off, I agree with you 100%. Seems he must be the lazy type who has a Doctor who enables his lazy condition. My wife has a handicapped placard for putting in the window. When she isn't with me I park in the normal places, my conscience wouldn't permit me to do otherwise.

A few weeks back I almost got in a knock down drag out with a guy who put his empty shopping cart in a handicapped parking place, it plane ticked me off and he didn't care. Our society has turned into its all about me, which is a shame.

I'm in Pennsylvania also. PA charges $20 one-time for a vanity plate, and bikes have a 5-character limit.

My Lehman Raider = BIGWL (Bigwheel 'natch!) ThumbUp

My 2005 Softail is HD 05 (05 HD, FXST, etc. were all taken.)

The V-star, and EVERY permutation of V-star in Pennsylvania vanity plates were already taken. I settled for 40MPG ~ hey, if you got it, flaunt it :D And if I didn't take it, it would end up on the back end of a Prius somewhere in downtown Harrisburg, PA :AGGHH:

Last edited:

Don't be so quick to judge; my son has a two-wheeler and handicapped plates. He earned the plate, along with full medical retirement while on active duty in the Army.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2011Case
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png