Royal British Region Poppy Ride

Oct 18, 2012
North West UK
Hi Trikers

Tomorrow I am taking part in my first big group ride. It is in aid of The Royal British Legion (our UK Veterans organisation). It will also be my longest ride so far on the Grinnall at about 200miles. The weather is dry but very cold at about 39f and trees are beautiful in their autumn colours. One of the towns we will visit is Whitehaven, the only town on British soil to have been attacked by the Americans during the unfortunate colonial disagreement of 1666. John Paul Jones was born in Whitehaven and led the raid. He really must have had unresolved childhood issues!! I hope to have some photos to post but if you wasnt to see the route have a look here.

http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/media/1940413/brochure_-_great_cumbrian_poppy_ride_2012.pdf

I really enjoy group riding as its a great opportunity to meet other bikers and Trikers.

Tom

Brrrrr....39º! But what a great ride opportunity! The veterans organizations are such important groups. Have a wonderful time, and be safe :D.

It was a beautiful if cold autumn day, clear as crystal. On the way up the coast road we could see the Isle of Man clearly to our left and the Lakeland fells to our right. Despite the cold lots of people turned out to meet us at the stops including town mayors. In Workington an honour guard of cadets applauded us through the streets. The trike attracted lots on interest and I managed to persuade lots of them to donate as well.

After Workington I left the pack to come home through the central lakes Keswick and Ambleside. Altogether about 160miles but my the wind chill was fierce!

This morning I have aches in places where I had forgotten I HAD places lol but but buzzing with the sheer joy of riding.

I don't know yet what the ride raised but I raised about 50 quid myself just by telling people about the trike and extracting a fiver donation from them.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png