New to the group would love some info.

OK! I know who that is - I actually spoke to him at the Springfield MC show a couple of months ago. Found out my "Extended Warranty" is USELESS, thanks to our conversation!!! :mad: So now I'm waiting for my dealer to return my money. When you talk to your friend, tell him I said Thanks!!! I never would have known if he hadn't told me.

Yup we will tell him this weekend we will be stopping by to see him.
I hope your dealer will give you back your money soon...
Have a great day,
Lynn:)

Robandlyn; Motor Trike is also very good. For all your Harley Davidson needs call Chicago Harley Davidson 847 418 2929 ask for Steve or Eric in parts they know the book forward and back 20% disc, notax, no shipping charge. Also have a vast internet sales dept. chicagoharley.com Have been riding my Stallion last week 800miles.love it Charlie D.

Hi,
I am thinking about buying a trike or turning my 2007 Street Glide into a trike.
I have never ridden a trike I would like to take a class does anyone know of a trike class being held in NH or MA.
I ride 2002 Dyna Glide & 2007 Street Glide but I do find after about 150 mile the Street Glide gets real heavy when I get in stop and go traffic. I had surgery on my right elbow back in 2005 it has left me with a 10 pound limit with that arm. I am thinking the trike would be the way to go.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Lynn

You mentioned, "I had surgery on my right elbow back in 2005 it has left me with a 10 pound limit with that arm." I suggest that you test ride a trike before going farther with your quest. Trikes must be steered rather than leaned/counter-steered and require more effort with both arms. You have to push and pull to turn them. That may be an issue for you. If your cruiser is too top heavy, you might want to consider a scooter. Don't laugh! Honda's Silver Wing is quite nimble and quick with a very low center of gravity. The Suzuki Burgman 650 is even better, IMO. Both (especially the Burgman are perfectly capable as touring bikes as well as good around town. I had one for a couple years and embarrassed quite a few cruiser riders on the super slab as well as in the twisties.

Lynn and Rob,

I also would suggest the Champion Reverse. Most of the research I've done points to the electric reverse as being problematic. Those that seem to be in the know say pay the couple of hundred extra and go with the mechanical reverse. I personally do not have reverse. I preplan my parking and when I have to it backs up easy as long as you are not going up hill backwards or on rocks, thus the preplanning. When the time comes and I can afford it that's the way I plan on going.

Ted

Just curious. What kind of problems are you aware of with electric reverse on trikes? Both BMW and Honda have shipped their large touring motorcycles for several years. I have had both and no problems with either.

Robandlyn; Motor Trike is also very good. For all your Harley Davidson needs call Chicago Harley Davidson 847 418 2929 ask for Steve or Eric in parts they know the book forward and back 20% disc, notax, no shipping charge. Also have a vast internet sales dept. chicagoharley.com Have been riding my Stallion last week 800miles.love it Charlie D.

Thanks Charlie for the info...:)

You mentioned, "I had surgery on my right elbow back in 2005 it has left me with a 10 pound limit with that arm." I suggest that you test ride a trike before going farther with your quest. Trikes must be steered rather than leaned/counter-steered and require more effort with both arms. You have to push and pull to turn them. That may be an issue for you. If your cruiser is too top heavy, you might want to consider a scooter. Don't laugh! Honda's Silver Wing is quite nimble and quick with a very low center of gravity. The Suzuki Burgman 650 is even better, IMO. Both (especially the Burgman are perfectly capable as touring bikes as well as good around town. I had one for a couple years and embarrassed quite a few cruiser riders on the super slab as well as in the twisties.

Thanks Ben,
I took a test ride on a trike at a Harley Shop and didn't have any problems with handling it. I have 31000 on my 2005 Dyna I love that bike. On my Street Glide I also love that one I have 17000 on that one and do find I love how comfortable the dressers are so I am going to have that one triked.
Plus keep my Dyna for when I want to ride a two wheeler but I have been told once I start riding the trike I will not want to ride my Dyna...:yes:

ben721364 The electric reverse we are referring to is the after market type that is sometimes installed on trike conversions. Lehman and the HD Tri-Glide have them as well as a few others. The issue is not with the reverse that comes with the Honda or BMW. These after market motors have a tendency to heat up and then fail. Ted

If you liked the TriGlide, then take a look at the Lehman Renegade Kit. I have one on my Ultra Glide and I love it. Of course it is a straight axle but it corners with any two wheel bikes and a tour pak looks right at home. But really I suggest riding several different trikes and find the one the fits your riding style. I do not have a reverse and have never had a problem as long as I pay attention to where I am parking. The push pull is true with a trike, I tore both rotator cuffs and find my trike is not that hard to steer and it is not raked. Welcome to the forum.:yes:
Dwight

If you liked the TriGlide, then take a look at the Lehman Renegade Kit. I have one on my Ultra Glide and I love it. Of course it is a straight axle but it corners with any two wheel bikes and a tour pak looks right at home. But really I suggest riding several different trikes and find the one the fits your riding style. I do not have a reverse and have never had a problem as long as I pay attention to where I am parking. The push pull is true with a trike, I tore both rotator cuffs and find my trike is not that hard to steer and it is not raked. Welcome to the forum.:yes:
Dwight

Thank you Dwight,
I am hoping to ride a few different trikes to see what I like best. Reverse is a must for me to have it's just what type do I get. God both rotator cuffs that's painful:(
Thanks again for your help & welcoming me to the group:yes:
Lynn

Lynn, The Champion (mechanical) reverse is about the most popular, and works very well. I use mine everyday, and don't worry about where I park. It adds about 1/2" under the right cover of the trans, but comes with another exhaust mount bracket. Baker makes a fine mechanical ($$) reverse for the 6-speeds too.

You may want to look at Lehman conversions, which is what the TG is.

It is not independent suspension, so the ride is a little bumpier, but it corners like a fine sports car. I have a Lehman conversion on a GL1800, and I can keep up with any 2-wheeler in the twisties. It is also extremely simple in design, and I can get parts at most auto parts stores...it's a light truck rear end. Most other conversions, you have to go back to the dealer for replacement parts...just thought you ought to know.

To improve the ease of steering, since I do not have a rake kit, I switched tires, and got rid of the OEM Honda Dunlop radial, and put a Michelin Pilot Activ on instead. The Michelin is a bias ply tire, so I no longer fight the radial belts...made it much easier to steer. I also mounted the tire in reverse rotation, so the tread grips a bit better for stopping power. It may look a bit funky, since it's a Dual Sport rear tire, but it works GREAT.

You may want to look at Lehman conversions, which is what the TG is.

It is not independent suspension, so the ride is a little bumpier, but it corners like a fine sports car. I have a Lehman conversion on a GL1800, and I can keep up with any 2-wheeler in the twisties. It is also extremely simple in design, and I can get parts at most auto parts stores...it's a light truck rear end. Most other conversions, you have to go back to the dealer for replacement parts...just thought you ought to know.

To improve the ease of steering, since I do not have a rake kit, I switched tires, and got rid of the OEM Honda Dunlop radial, and put a Michelin Pilot Activ on instead. The Michelin is a bias ply tire, so I no longer fight the radial belts...made it much easier to steer. I also mounted the tire in reverse rotation, so the tread grips a bit better for stopping power. It may look a bit funky, since it's a Dual Sport rear tire, but it works GREAT.

Actually several of the trike kits with both IRS with live axles use automotive differentials, and bearings on kits built for G-Ws and K LTs.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png