Won't start after reverse

Oct 24, 2010
laughlin nv
2011 tri glide, 9200 k miles. Commenced to back out of the garage this morning w/ me and wife on-board; engine running, hit reverse, bike moved about 3 feet back, did not quite get over slight rise before downhill part of drive so hit reverse again and engine died. Will not start. Ignition, on ; Run, on, hit start; nothing (just like if the Run switch was off) Anyone experience this or similar before.? I'm thinking the reverse control module (RCM).

Reverse uses seperate fuse. Without opening up and manually checking run switch with multimeter, I can't think of a good way to check it.
Try holding in clutch when you press start. Sometimes the dang neutral switch isn't quite where it needs to be.

Had almost same thing happen... had to get it out of reverse before I could start.
the battery was a little low and there was tension on the gears. when I charged the
battery and then rocked the trike, I got out of reverse and then the starter worked.
good luck.

Had almost same thing happen... had to get it out of reverse before I could start.
the battery was a little low and there was tension on the gears. when I charged the
battery and then rocked the trike, I got out of reverse and then the starter worked.
good luck.

Velly intaresting. thanks

A few days ago I backed trike out of garage and when I went to go forward it made a whinning sound. I tried twice and it wouldn't go. Then backed up some more and this time it went forward ok. The sound it made at the first try sounded almost like it was still trying to go in reverse after I'd already put into 1st gear to go forward?
Anybody?
I haven't had it out since. weather bad!

D.

A few days ago I backed trike out of garage and when I went to go forward it made a whinning sound. I tried twice and it wouldn't go. Then backed up some more and this time it went forward ok. The sound it made at the first try sounded almost like it was still trying to go in reverse after I'd already put into 1st gear to go forward?
Anybody?
I haven't had it out since. weather bad!

D.

The reverse drive stuck in the ring gear. When it got to a slick area , & more clearance it backed out. An ongoing problem with mine. It does it only once in a while, never at the dealer...:Trike1:

go to auto zone & buy a remote starter. it fits under the r/h side cover. i installed one in my '09 t/g just in case. i left it cold (i have to put the battery lead on the post & tighten it down with a 1/2" o/e wrench, but if i'm out in no-where land & it won't start this is a cheap insureance. great winter project.

OK, i had her towed to Mother road HD in Kingman. They checked and replaced the battery. all good now, thanks to the service and parts Dept at Mother Road HD
Apparently there are circumstances where the battery is under warrentee.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biker Grandma
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png