Roadsmith Trunk LED spolier

rmrc51

Lost In The 50's
Feb 2, 2009
Palmyra, Virginia
I just now finished installing the LED spoiler I bought from Tony's Trikes on the Roadsmith main trunk. It looks great! ThumbUp

But I'm so damn sore now I haven't even taken any pictures. :AGGHH:

Photos soon to come. ;)

===========================

Update. Went out to the garage for a fast photo shoot. My back is still hurting, so unfortunately, no riding today. Here's a few photos;

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

I LIKE IT!!!!! Goes GREAT with the trunk spoiler.

Sorry to hear about your back. That happens to me all the time if I am on hard surfaces for an extended length of time.

I just now finished installing the LED spoiler I bought from Tony's Trikes on the Roadsmith main trunk. It looks great! ThumbUp

But I'm so damn sore now I haven't even taken any pictures. :AGGHH:

Photos soon to come. ;)

I LIKE IT!!!!! Goes GREAT with the trunk spoiler.

Sorry to hear about your back. That happens to me all the time if I am on hard surfaces for an extended length of time.

Thanks Harry. ThumbUp

I first saw this spoiler added to some of the Roadsmith units on Tony's Trikes web site. I always wanted to put some kind of spoiler on the Roadsmith main trunk. The top of the trunk is basically flat and even looks like some additional option should be mounted there. After I saw these added to some of Tony's RS units, I immediately called him asking if it was a new Roadsmith option. Tony told me it wasn't and that many of his customers were always asking if an additional spoiler could be mounted there. He's tried a variety of different offerings but so far, the standard Honda Spoiler that gets mounted on the stock upper trunk works the best and the fact that they both match each other just makes it look like it belongs. I'm very satisfied with it. :)

Spoiler looks very good. You buy it from Tony? Or just from a Honda shop with your paint code. You install it?

I bought it from Tony and gave him the paint code for my trike. You can also buy it from him with just a primer coat for less money. I also installed it as per Tony's instructions regarding correct placement and drilling. Tony will tell you that it can only be wired as a running light or brake light. (It only has a ground and hot lead) There is a way to have both and I have mine working as a running and brake light now. If you decide to get one, send me a PM and we'll further discuss all of the install details.

I bought it from Tony and gave him the paint code for my trike. You can also buy it from him with just a primer coat for less money. I also installed it as per Tony's instructions regarding correct placement and drilling. Tony will tell you that it can only be wired as a running light or brake light. (It only has a ground and hot lead) There is a way to have both and I have mine working as a running and brake light now. If you decide to get one, send me a PM and we'll further discuss all of the install details.

I would be very interested in how you did this. I, too, installed a wing (Hannigan) on my trike and it only had the two wires as you mentioned. Any suggestions would be appreciated (4cRanch@gmail.com)

Thanks... Ken

I would be very interested in how you did this. I, too, installed a wing (Hannigan) on my trike and it only had the two wires as you mentioned. Any suggestions would be appreciated (4cRanch@gmail.com)

Thanks... Ken

Ken,

The site I have listed below, (Custom Dynamics) has a dual converter that I used to make a two wire hook up for the spoiler act like a three wire giving you running lights and brake lights. I also used this for my license plate led light bar.

Go to the bottom of the page and look for the "TruFLEX® Dual Converter For Single Colors".

When you add it to you cart, in the drop down it will list the various LED selections depending on how many LEDs the spoiler has.

Flexible LED Lighting TruFlex Flexible LED Light Strips

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFW
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png