Old rider - New TriGlide - New to the forum

Oct 29, 2012
Centennial, CO, USA
I've been reading through the H-D trike forum pages for a month or so now and decided to join. Learned a lot from all the questions and answers, and have been really impressed with the amount of knowledge out there.

After 5 different 2-wheel bikes, three of which were Harleys, I decided to make the plunge to three wheels. Have just over 1,100 miles on it and I'm loving everything about it and have no complaints about the trike at all to this point. It's Midnight Pearl and Brilliant Silver Pearl. All my other bikes were red, so this was kind of a "traumatic" change for me, but I had never seen this color before on a trike and "fell in love" right away.

Thanks for such a great site with so much information.

Welcome to the forum, GoSlo. With the current gas lines on Long Island, I have been living the GoSlo creed just to save a little gas so I don't have to get in lines to much with my trike and bike.

welcome, now for some good advice. change the trans oil either to red line shockproof gear lube (syn) or a spectro lube for it syn 3 is just too thin for the tranny.it quietens it down alot too. thats a must because some '11 & '12 owners have had bearing problems
in the tranny. and there are better quality oils for the engine too. i personally use red line 20x60 syn eng oil for the engine. (its the only 20x60 motorcycle oil i can find.)
just one more hint i use drag specialityp/n 0712-0008 oil filter magn w/nut twin cam.
this oil filter uses a 11/16 socket to remove it. much easier. or go to sears or k-mart & buy their universal Claw oil filter tool. makes removeing the stock oil filter easier, esp. if the oil filter is installed too tight. or w/o oil on the seal.
another upgrade is the handlebars. try yippes :BAGGER' bars NOT APES. i di this mysely on my '09 t/g . and i can lean back on the back-rest & still reach the handlebars.
stock wireing was ok, but needed the 4" over clutch cable, and the 12" TBW cable.
total cost was about 250.00. i got the black handlebars 100.00 on e bay delivered.as my trike is black. if yiu do this just butter lube the clutch "o" ring with permates #2 non-hardening sealant.(very light coat) & you won't have any leakage from that area. didn't before but for-sure won't now. also i gp tp ACE hardware get the "O: ring for the drain plugs #41 stock # 35788B 9/16x7/16/1/16. also use TFE thread paste on the plugs . watch the touque on them just snug is ok. if you want to get rid od the torex screws on the derby cover ACE also has them 5/8" allen head screws but only in black, so i went with the deaper heads whih they had in chrome. good luck

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vencill
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png