Would you recommend a motobatt battery!!

Hi all, it might just be my gl1500?? but i find if left unused for a few days, that when i come to start it, that if it it does not start after the first go the NEW standard VARTA battery runs flat after trying to crank the bike a few more times after that:mad:
I know that the last owner did not spend very much on the VARTA:AGGHH:
just enough to start the bike and sell it!!.
ive seen these MOTOBATT batterys, and they claim to be a hi quality, and 20-30% more cranking power!! Is this the case? and would you recommend one??

Sometimes you get what you pay for, it is my opinion that batteries are in that category. Now that is not to say one can't pay too much for a battery or get a bad battery, but usually it will be coming from a reputable vender and will be well covered. If you are looking at the MotoBatt MBTX24U, I would say it looks OK, I would risk 125 bucks for it. It has a pretty good warranty, its hard to get a 2 year warranty on a motorcycle battery. Do you have to order it or are you buying it locally. The last battery I bought for my Harley, I bought at the dealership, 190 dollars. I had a choice of an Interstate or the one from the dealer, almost same price so I chose the dealer. I figured I could complain loud enough in the store to get some attention if I had problems with it. Both had same 2 year prorated warranty. It was good but I still think it was overpriced but didn't have much choice. Ain't nothin more helpless than a motorcycle with a dead battery.

I put a Motobatt in my BigDog Chopper two years ago, and it did have more cranking amps than the stock glass mat battery. As to how well they last, I sold the bike recently, but it was super strong on that big inch motor for sure.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Highwayman 90
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png