A fantastic PA weekend.

Apr 24, 2008
Central Pennsylvania
What a great weekend for riding in Central Pa. In addition to the excellent weather, the scenery is at its lush green spring peak.
With two Harley Trikes, a Road King and an Ultra, we assaulted the lower Pocono Mountain region with its great gently twisting highway that wound though some very charming historic coal country towns. Of course, we found some wonderfully friendly home town restaurants where the locals were more than willing to talk and share stories about the area.
One of the highlights was a stop in Jim Thorpe, which boast everything from Train and Coal Museums, to scenic train rides, to wonderfully eclectic shops run by authentic refugees from the Grateful Dead era, selling everything from tie-dyed shirts and headband to a classic VW van and a Karmann Ghia, each sporting the requisite roach clips hanging from the mirror along with Jerry Garcia images and "Legalize Marijuana" window decals.
If you are in the area and looking for an enjoyable and scenic day of riding, don't miss this Lehigh Valley treasure.

such a beautiful area! Mike & I haven't been there on the bikes but several times by car. I'd love to plan a ride out there!

John,

It's not a one day trip from you. Jim Thorpe is just off US209 in central PA.

Hope you realize though, that Rt 6 is just south of Erie and it runs all the way across northern PA. That highway is one of the most beautiful motorcycle byways in America and passes very close to the PA Grand Canyon.

In my mind, this is a must ride for any Pennsylvanian.

In our travels, we have found PA to be beautiful and the people are as friendly as Texans! One interesting thing we saw there and haven't seen anywhere else is a vending machine that has fish bait--live worms, minnows, stuff like that. Just put your quarters in, choose what you want and it comes out the bottom just like a coke. What a hoot!

tis,

You've got some great ones in NY too. Don't know where West Fals is, but on our Rt 6 adventure last year, we rode up to Watkins Glen and then took the beautiful loop all the way around Seneca and followed it with a dinner cruise on the lake.

That one's another must for pleasure riders.

How is Rt. 209 in PA? I am plotting my trip up to Maine and will most likely spend the night around Reading. 209 looks like a nice cut through to get to Kingston NY. From there 87 to 90. Looking to stay off of interstates as much as possible.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuziQ
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png