Windshield glare:

Mar 12, 2011
Charlotte, NC

I recently purchased a new Tulsa Windshield. After trying it out riding around the neighborhood I noticed my dash board was glaring at me via the windshield. I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this problem what did you do about it.....
Thanks,
Dr. Joe.

I have the tall Tulsa and have the dash glare. I contribute this to the swept back angle and the way light hits it. I have become so used to it after 16 years it does not bother me. I keep it well waxed with Pledge .:wave4:

Had a Tulsa on the GL1500, and had the same problem. Not much to change, just learned to deal with it. On the 1800 you can turn down the brightness of the dash lights, that may help a little.

BTW, on the 1500 there could be a problem if you parked with the sun behind the bike - the shape of the Tulsa would concentrate the sun's rays on the instrument pod and could melt the plastic around the dash. Check out a 1500 with a Tulsa sometime - some have developed very wavy plastic around the instrument cluster. I had a t-shirt that matched the color of the trike, sewed the sleeves and cut them off and had a windshield cover. I don't know if the 1800's have this problem, and I don't have a Tulsa on ours, but it may be something to be aware of.

Welcome to the Trike Talk Community

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things Trikes! Whether you're a seasoned rider or just starting out, this is the place to share experiences, tips, and stories about your three-wheeled adventures. Explore modifications, maintenance advice, and rides, all while connecting with fellow trike enthusiasts from around the globe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp

Trike Talk Community

Welcome to a community dedicated to the most diverse and fastest growing powersports segment, Motorcycle Trikes. Come join the discussion about the best makes and models, popular modifications and proven performance hacks, trike touring and travel, maintenance, meetups and more!

Register Already a member? Login

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FUpp
 photo 260e2760-d89e-45b2-8675-2bc26fb3d465.jpg

photo Trike-Talk-150-x-200.gif

photo DK Trike Talk Right side banner 19.jpg

Merziere Reverser

photo 9796095c-0d4b-4a9b-88ed-efe4c498d084.png
 photo f9866e4e-75c5-471a-86f5-5e72a446ecc3.png